Burnt ends. Can I make them the next day?

Started by hvhunter, July 30, 2017, 01:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hvhunter

Bradley Original with added element.

I have a 13 lb brisket that is on hour 25. It's at 194 and I'm going to check and hopefully pull it at 195 (and then FTC for a couple hours). I've never done burnt ends, but it's on the to-do list. No way it's happening tonight. Can I slice the point off, and make burnt ends another day? Thanks in advance.

hvhunter

Pulled out at 195 as the toothpick went in like a hot knife thru butter. Cold pressed a granny Smith apple, wrapped in foil and FTC ing at the moment. Two or more cervejas and it will be dinner time

hvhunter

I don't think i could find the point if i had too. The bark is so nice.

manfromplaid

Habanero Smoker

Even with the bark the point should be easy to find. Just look for the "hump" in the brisket. Use a knife to prod around, in order to find the fat vein. Once you find the fat vein, use the knife and follow it; keeping the knife Pharrell to the flat.

As manfromplaid stated you can make burnt ends at any time. It now may be easier to make the burnt ends in your kitchen oven, now that you already have a nice smoke flavor on the brisket. After cubing and saucing the meat, place on a baking sheet or foil pan, cover with foil, and follow your recipe for burnt ends. I like to use an oven temperature of 275°F.  Though the point is traditionally used for burnt ends, I like using the flat.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)