NEED HELP-Susan minor site and dual element mod

Started by watchdog56, August 21, 2017, 04:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watchdog56

I out in a dual element a couple of years ago and it was working fine. Also put in extra shut off switch so I could use 1 element or both. Well of course the back element went out and when I replaced it with a new one it still does not heat up. Also replaced the switch I put in and still nothing.

Tried to go to susanminor site to double check how it should be wired but I cannot find it anymore. Any ideas?

Habanero Smoker

If you have GS Reader installed on your computer, download the document from the link provided below. That will have the information you are looking for. I had GS Reader in my google drive; but for some reason it is no longer there.

Recipe_5

Sometimes when you change the element, if you pull the element out to far you may pull one or more wires loose at the power source. Check all the wiring going to and from the element to the socket.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

watchdog56

When I clicked on the link it says no preview available and asks to download it. When I tried to download it I got  a warning from Norton that says it has very few users and it sounded like it was new.

When into my downloads and GSReader.exe was there so downloaded it again but I still cannot open Recipe_5

Any other ideas?

Habanero Smoker

The warning from Norton is due to that the file has an .exe extension. Also being an .exe file it cannot be previewed. The preview is mainly for readable documents and photos. I scanned the file prior to uploading and it is virus free.

The file is a self extracting file, so you have to double click on it, for it to install the gso files and photos. If you are running Window 8.1 or higher, you may get another warning. A Smartscreen window may popup. Click on "Run". Another window will popup - click on "Yes". The files will begin to install, I suggest you use the default directories.

Please note the GS Reader file will be installed in the directory "C:\Program Files\GoldenSection Reader"; or if you are running a 64bit version of windows, it will be installed in the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\GoldenSection Reader".

Once the files are installed open GS Reader and open the file "Recipes From The Bradley Smoker Forums_v1.gso". It will be in one of the directories listed above.

You should at this point be set to go. If you have any further problems installing and reading the file; please feel free to ask.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

watchdog56

Will have to check when I get home. Wont get home until late but hopefully will have time to do it. Thanks

KyNola

This link will work.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150915111431/http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

watchdog56

Kynola- It says error page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider.

Habanero Smoker

That link is kind of funky. Some days it works, and other days it doesn't. Some days when you get to the site, the links on the site don't work.

The plus side of downloading the file; once you get the GS Reader and the gso file working, you don't have to even bother with the internet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

KyNola

WD56, my apologies.  The link I provided has never failed to work for me.

watchdog56

I can open it but can't find where the mod page is for Bradley's?

Found it. Had to go back to original forum and click. I was in "our time proven recipe"

Thanks. Hopefully I can figure this out.

watchdog56

Is there a trick to get the pictures to show up?

GusRobin

not sure what model you have, but is the back element connected to the in-line fuse? If so, have you checked the fuse?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: watchdog56 on August 24, 2017, 03:30:18 PM
Is there a trick to get the pictures to show up?

I'm not sure how Web Archieve.Org handles photos, but it seems that it may be linked to when Photobucket stopped allowing third party links, a lot of pictures no longer show up. The original site stored all pictures on it's own server. It must be that when Web AchieveOrg does it's backup, it must use Photobucket to store any photos. Also I've found that a lot of the links in that backup just don't work. If you can get that file working properly, it will display the photos - as long as you use the default directories.

Quote from: GusRobin on August 24, 2017, 04:48:11 PM
not sure what model you have, but is the back element connected to the in-line fuse? If so, have you checked the fuse?

Good call. I forgot about the inline fuse in the back of the cabinet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

watchdog56

Gus, I have the 6 rack digital. If it has a fuse I will have to check that. Probably won't be until next week some time. Thanks.

watchdog56

Does anybody have "Mr Walleye" email? Maybe he could repost pictures. I did  a search for him but it shows no results.