Does any one know...

Started by MallardWacker, July 20, 2004, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

Chez or whoever,

Is any one else having problems with the forum??  Still can't get my emails of the posting even after changing my email.  Hay if Iv'e been <font color="red"><b>X'ed</b></font id="red"> from the forum, please let me know.  Hay no hurt feelings here.  Life is way to short to worry about the small stuff.  But if there is a problem OR is there something I could check, I would like to know also.  If you wish you may email at <font color="blue">[email protected]</font id="blue">

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Spenser

Mallardwhacker-I have had the same problem, have tried to make several posts the last few days and they wouldnt take.  Assumed that I was stupid.  The one post that I was able to make last week posted twice.

BigSmoker

[8]

Just Kidding,  I haven't experienced any problems.  Don't know what kind of e-mails your talking about though.  IMO your posts are always good material.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Bassman

There are still problems with this forum. I get an error everytime I post. The trick is when the error appears use the back button on your browser, which will show your post just sitting there, then go up and click on one of the menu links such as All Forums. This way only one post will post at a time. Not sure about the e-mail thing but I'm sure it's related.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Fuzzybear

Yeah, what the Bassman said![:D]

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

whitetailfan

Hey Mallard,
I'm pretty sure the forum is still pooched[}:)]
I keep getting catastrophic error message, but I just ignore it and then hit the "forum" button which is still active at the top of the screen.  It pops you back into the start of the forum at all topics, and you can see your posting.

I've said somewhere before that since we are not registering additional postings on our numbers, it is my belief that the forum does not register that anyone has posted anything and therefore the default to e-mail you on postings in certain topics will not send anything.  I'm pretty sure you haven't been [8]'d LOL[:D]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

MallardWacker

White,

I can always depend on you to put 2 and 2 together.  The idea about not registering posts, I think you come up with something there.  Do I understand this correctly, is this board run by someone (a volunteer) in the UK and not by Bradley?

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Fuzzybear

Grakka put this together and allowed Kirk admin rights....I don't know whats going on with the forum but I'm sure Kirk has already run into some of the problems...hopefully, he'll find a way to get it worked out with Grakka....

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Regforte

Hey All,

The error message I keep seeing is returned right after a post. I see the following

error '8000ffff'
Catastrophic failure
/forum/inc_mail.asp, line 94

Every time I've seen that error after a post, I found that the post actually went through just fine.

I think this accounts for the multiple posts I've seen. People think the post didn't work because of the error message, when in fact it did but they try it again, repeating the same post.

Don't forget, you can always delete (or edit for that matter) your own posts.

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />White,

I can always depend on you to put 2 and 2 together.  <font color="red">The idea about not registering posts, I think you come up with something there.</font id="red">  Do I understand this correctly, is this board run by someone (a volunteer) in the UK and not by Bradley?

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ya Mallard, I've been stuck on 99 posts for like a month now...don't mind it too much though, I like my <font color="purple">purple</font id="purple"> stars better than the <font color="yellow">yellow</font id="yellow"> ones anyway[:D]LOL

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.