Malfunctioning 6rack digital

Started by 3gunner, January 01, 2019, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3gunner

Hello all, 
I am new to the forum, and my Bradley smoker.  I love it, but I am having some issues

This morning I turned on the power and got an E1 alarm.  Cleaned everything out and the error wouldn't clear.  So I thought being stored outside but undercover, perhaps there is moisture on a sensor or something, so I brought it inside and let it sit.  Went to plug it in and the display turned on briefly, then everything loses power, no buttons work.

Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Habanero Smoker

Hi 3gunner;

Welcome to the forum.

As for the E1 error, that is usually caused by the thin wire that connects the generator to the cabinet (oven/tower). When you get the generator back functioning properly and you still get that erro follow the below instructions:

"Please make sure that it's connected, secondly unplug it and switch the ends around, so plug "A" side into "B" and the "B" side into "A" sometime that makes a better connection. Also make sure that there is nothing blocking that connection ie: loose chips, dust (using a piece of steel wool or super fine sandpaper to clean the ends of your sensor cable works well).

Also; while the generator is on and the "E1" error is displayed and beeping, check the connection by wiggling one side of the connection up and down and left to right, and then the other side. If the "E1" message temporally goes away while you were wiggling one side, you need a new sensor connector. 

If none of the above actions work, the E-1 error may be a bad connection to the temp sensor the connection is located in the back of the smoke tower remove the back of the smoker and check the connection."

As for the generator; if you are still having problems, a recent member had the same problem and it was due to the generator being too cold. After warming it up it functioned properly. If moisture got into the generator, that could cause it not to function. To make sure all the moisture has been dried out from the generator you should remove the cover. There are seven screws located on around the perimeter of the bottom of the generator that will need to be removed. While the generator cover is off, check all wired connections to make sure they are secured. Even if connections look to be connected, check them to make sure they are secured properly.

If none of the suggestions help, give Bradley Customer Service a call.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)