Habanero's Basic Poultry Rub

Started by Devros275, October 09, 2022, 11:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devros275

Hey all.

Anybody know the recipe for Habanero's Basic Poultry Rub??
I did Find it on a page but the link won't open so I am out of luck?
Or people could chime in on they're favorite, I'm actually doing Turkey Breast at moment.

The Rub I found sounded good for traditional  turkey flavors.

1tbsp dried parsley
2tbsp dried sage
1tbsp dried rosemary
1tbsp dried tyme
1tbsp dried oregano
1tbsp dried basil
1tbsp ground black pepper
1tbsp sugar
10 bayleaves or 1 tbsp ground bay leaves

Put it all in my spice grinder and pulse away!

Didn't want salt this time as I brined Turkey.

Cheer's

cathouse willy

A Basic Poultry Rub,

from Habanero Smoker

This recipe was generously shared by a Culinary Institute of America chef, while I was taking one the food enthusiast classes they offer to the public.

For a basic poultry rub:
4 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp. Bell's Poultry Seasoning
2 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
The night before, or two hours before cooking; rub a generous amount of mixture all over and underneath the skin of the bird being careful not to tear the skin. Massage the rub in well. Sprinkle more of the rub inside the body and neck cavities. If you apply the rub the night before, wrap the bird in plastic wrap, or put it in a plastic bag.

The above is enough for a 25 pound turkey.

Habanero Smoker

I use this seasoning often on turkey, and roasted chicken. It was provided to me by a chef at the Culinary Institute of America (CIA). It's a traditional New England style seasoning. This seasoning does contain a lot of salt, so if you have a brined turkey, or one that has been injected by the manufacture, use a good dusting as a coating for both under the skin and on the skin. The type of salt I use for this rub is Diamond Crystal Kosher, with is a large crystal salt.

Because of the use of brand names some ingredients may not be available in your area, and you may have to search the internet for substitutes. But if you can get the original brand names it is well worth it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)