Pid question.

Started by Alusardi, November 28, 2019, 11:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alusardi

Hey all, Happy thanksgiving! I am smoking a 3 lb rid roast as we speak ( because Turkey is icky ). I have a an Auber 1200 GPH in transit and have a simple question.  On my original 4 rack BS 611 what temp should I set my "dial"  ? Let's say want to smoke a pork tenderloin at 275 degrees for three hours does the PID keep the temp set at the temperature I select no matter what temp I select on the dial ? 

Thanks for the feedback and just remember a turkey started out as an egg that came from a turkey's ass ! ICKKKY !
If you have been touched by an angel please tell an adult !

Lou

cathouse willy

The Auber pid's come with a good set of install and setup instructions,but in a nutshell, the pid is plugged into the wall and the oven is plugged into the pid. It matters not where you set the dial as it doesn't control the temp any more.The smoke gen remains plugged into the wall and cycles a fresh puck every 20 mins. The pid does not control the smoke gen.
Hope this helps.

Alusardi

Thanks for the great information Cat house Willy ! Your "handle" intrigues me ! Either you have a house full of cats or you are my HERO ! Anywho that's great info and as soon as I get my Auber I will post my successes!
If you have been touched by an angel please tell an adult !

Lou