My brisquette dispenser

Started by jjpettit13, May 20, 2020, 05:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjpettit13

Hey guys my name is Jamie and new to Bradley and smoking.  I have an electric smoker that has been used once and the brisquette dispenser doesn't work.  I push the button and nothing.  Please help me out

Habanero Smoker

Hi jjpettit13;

Welcome to the forum,

We can help you out but we need more information.
What model do you have?
Does the bisquette motor run when you push the button (do you hear any noise when you push the button)?
If the motor runs, does the shuttle that pushes the bisquettes to the burner move?
If it moves, does it make a complete cycle then stop, or does it move half way then reverses?
Are there any scrape marks on the guide rails? Guide rails are the raised edges on the "ramp" that the bisquettes are pushed down.

In the mean time, make sure your feeder tube is installed correctly. It should be parallel to the smoker (straight), and seated in the generator so that it is resting on the inner lip. If not installed properly the bisquettes will not feed properly. Also when you load the bisquettes make sure when you load them they lay perfectly flat. Check your bisquettes to make sure that they are not swollen. If swollen they have not been stored properly, and will not feed properly.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

jjpettit13

Hi there, model # bs611.  The motor does not run, I simply here a click when I push it and nothing happens.  No scrap marks on side rails but there is a burn mark on the ramp.

manxman

Welcome to the forum jjpettit13.

Is your smoker brand new and still under warranty or just new to you? If it is the former and you have checked out the things Habs suggested I would simply ask Bradley for a replacement?

When I first got a Bradley the generator was faulty as was the second one they sent out but the next one has been going for many years without issues.
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

If you are only hearing a click, it generally means that the mechanism is jammed, or it may be a bad micro switch. If it is new follow Manxman's suggestion. If it is no longer in warranty, Bradley still may be able to assist you. If you are still having problems let us know.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

jjpettit13

That's great.  Thank you guys for the advice I really appreciate it.

manxman

Let us know how you get on, hope you are up and running soon with your Bradley.  :)
Manxman