Pellets

Started by Joeteresa1, September 01, 2020, 07:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeteresa1

Can I use pellets in a 6 rack electric Bradley smoker

Habanero Smoker

Hi Joeteresa1;

Welcome to the forum.

You can, and some do. There are specialized products on the market that are designed to use pellets for smoking. The most common brand is the A-MAZE-N Smoker line, but there are now similar products out there that are cheaper. You can also smoke the pellets in a standard smoking box, though it may be a little trickier to get them to burn continuously when using a smoker box in the Bradley.

Though today you can purchase pellets in a variety of flavors. I'm not a big fan of the type of smoke you get from pellets. I do have an A-MAZE-N Smoker 12" tube, that I will use in my gas grill, and ironically my pellet smoker to get smoke flavor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

dubob

Quote from: Joeteresa1 on September 01, 2020, 07:07:39 PM
Why would you want to?  I've never had a problem getting more than enough smoke flavor using the standard Bradley pucks.  I'm guessing there wouldn't be enough air inside the Bradley to keep pellets smoldering inside the box in a pellet tube and then there would be some issues with containing ash from the pellets.  Personally, I would think it best to use pellets in an appliance designed to use pellets.  But that's just me. 
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss

TedEbear

Quote from: dubob on September 05, 2020, 07:37:44 AM
Quote from: Joeteresa1 on September 01, 2020, 07:07:39 PM
Why would you want to?  I've never had a problem getting more than enough smoke flavor using the standard Bradley pucks.  I'm guessing there wouldn't be enough air inside the Bradley to keep pellets smoldering inside the box in a pellet tube and then there would be some issues with containing ash from the pellets.  Personally, I would think it best to use pellets in an appliance designed to use pellets.  But that's just me.

For one, pellets are a LOT cheaper than Bradley pucks.  A 20# bag of pellets last me well over a year and they only cost $15-20.  I use a 12" A-MAZE-N pellet tube in my Bradley.  When filled to the top it provides 4 hours of smoke.  If I want to smoke longer I would just refill it after 4 hours.