Cleaning the Bisquette Burner Surface

Started by aha638, August 30, 2006, 09:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robs

The only reason I use the Dremel is because it's so quick - it's alot easier than scraping.

I'm sure you're fine with a good wire brush job.

TomG

??? ??? ???

Are you guys concerned about heat conduction, friction coeficients, hygiene or Islamo-Fascism??
When I can remember to do it, which is about once a month, I wipe mine with a piece of damp paper towel.

Two years and counting ;D ;D ;D

robs

Quote from: TomG on August 30, 2006, 07:18:38 PM
??? ??? ???

Are you guys concerned about heat conduction, friction coeficients, hygiene or Islamo-Fascism??
When I can remember to do it, which is about once a month, I wipe mine with a piece of damp paper towel.

Two years and counting ;D ;D ;D

This is why I said to let the more experienced users chime in.

Mine looks nicer though.  :P

TomG

Yehbut, my meat gets smoked ::) ::) ::)

robs

Quote from: TomG on August 30, 2006, 07:27:50 PM
Yehbut, my meat gets smoked ::) ::) ::)

That was low Tom. Yeah, I'm just frickn steaming mine. :-\

I'm getting it figured out...

TomG

robs

haha. Thanks for the laugh.

Yeah, this is a great hobby.

manxman

QuoteDoes it need to be down to shiny metal clean??

I asked the same question when I was new to my BS and the answer was no, just enough to keep it reasonably smooth. With bubba pucks I find there only a need to give it a scrape every 2 or 3 smokes on average.

Now about friction coefficients................!!?? :o :o ??? ???
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: MRH on August 30, 2006, 06:24:50 PM
Does it need to be down to shiny metal clean??  I have been using a wire brush and air compressor, it still looks a little discolored but no layer or chunks.  Also i find that a pressure sprayer works great to clean the racks, v pan and drip pan after cooking! ;D

Mark
Mark;
Mine is no where's near shiny. IMO as long as it is not rough, and the pucks move relatively smooth across the surface that is fine.

I am more interested in how you use you pressure sprayer (I think it what we call a power sprayer in my area, a unit that sprays water at a very high pressure) to clean your racks and V-pan. If you are using a power sprayer can you give more details, I would like to try this, but my fear is I would "shoot" the part into the woods never to be found again. ;D Seriously how do you secure the parts down, and what psi are you using.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MRH

Habs,

Yes it is a  power sprayer, washer, or whatever you want to call it.  It is a 1400 psi unit.  I haven't anchored the stuff down, but have been thinking that I need to find a way to clamp things down.  I usually lay them in the grass and blow down on them and hold the racks and do half at a time, it still beats scrubbing with a wash cloth. ;)

Mark

Habanero Smoker

Thanks. It sure does beat scrubbing them As long as I spray straight down, I shouldn't have a problem :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

icerat4

Wow you guys go way out .I use a razor and just give it a scrape and my surface is smooth for the pucks to slide across with ease.And cleaning with a power washer now thats funny ;D I just throw them in the sink with hot water and some soap.Let them sit and then turm them.Power washer im still laughing sorry i find that hilarrious. :D :D :D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

manxman

Must confess I tried the power washer approach to clean my racks and drip pan but managed to get bits of food all over the patio, the clean washing hanging out, myself and my two helpers.......... my two sons aged 8 and 5 who were part of the problem, not the solution!!!

Boy do the boys love power washers, supervised of course! ::)

I then had to clean the patio as it looked like I had been playing noughts and crosses all over it where I had been chasing the BS racks and drip pan around with the power washer! My that patio sparkled by the time I had finished..... the BS bits?.... oh, they still had to go in the dishwasher! :-[

The only happy person was the  dog..... hunting down tasty morsels send flying to the 4 corners of the garden!

Yep, bit of poetic licence here but you get the drift...............! :-[ ;D
Manxman

TomG

Quote from: manxman on August 31, 2006, 12:10:01 AM
Now about friction coefficients................!!?? :o :o ??? ???

Going out on a limb here, but guessing there is more friction between a bisquette and a rough surface than there is between a bisquette and a smooth surface 8)

icerat4

Manxman thats what i kinda figured.Too funny.But like ya said the dog loved it. ;D still laughing :D :D :D

Just another weekend with the smoker...