Cleaning the Bisquette Burner Surface

Started by aha638, August 30, 2006, 09:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aha638

Does anyone have a sure-fire way of cleaning the bisquette burner surface? 

Al

iceman

I just use a paint scraper ie. putty knife. Then hit the corners and top lip with a small wire brush.

icerat4

Razor blade works nice too.If ya have the bubba pucks they do a nice job sitting on the hot plate.And most residue is burnt off nicely. ;)

Just another weekend with the smoker...

manxman

iceman:
QuoteI just use a paint scraper ie. putty knife. Then hit the corners and top lip with a small wire brush.
icerat4: 
QuoteIf ya have the bubba pucks they do a nice job sitting on the hot plate.

I use a paint scraper but by using bubba pucks it keeps the heater plate a lot cleaner in the first case, combination of the two makes it easy. ;)
Manxman

iceman

Dosen't EVERYONE use Bubba Pucks Manx? Ha! Ha! ;D I just figured that was a given. :D Just kidding. Good point guys.

whitetailfan

wire brush for me.

also, I hit the smoke gen with compressed air every few smokes to get rid of sawdust.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

manxman

QuoteDosen't EVERYONE use Bubba Pucks Manx?

I bet Kirk wishes everyone did use them Iceman......$$$$$!!! They are not even on sale this side of the pond although BS sales in Europe must only account for a small percentage of the total sales.

They are only available from Chez Bubba are'nt they? ;)

WTF is spot on re advise on compressed air.

Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Using Bubba Pucks does cut down on the cleaning. I use one of those scraper you use to remove your car registration and inspections stickers, and occasionally a wire brush.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Quote from: manxman on August 30, 2006, 12:24:08 PM
QuoteDosen't EVERYONE use Bubba Pucks Manx?

I bet Kirk wishes everyone did use them Iceman......$$$$$!!! They are not even on sale this side of the pond although BS sales in Europe must only account for a small percentage of the total sales.

They are only available from Chez Bubba are'nt they? ;)

WTF is spot on re advise on compressed air.

Manx, if you need Bubba Pucks let me know and I'll get some to you. Chez is the source of course.

manxman

QuoteManx, if you need Bubba Pucks let me know and I'll get some to you.

That's very kind of you Iceman but I already have some, Chez was kind enough to send three to me here in the UK along with a Maverick ET-73 neither of which are available on this side of the pond. I don't think I was the first he has mailed them to over here either.

Thanks for the thought anyway.  :)

Manxman

pfowl01

I use my dremel with a little wire brush wheel...works great ;D

robs

Dremel tool here too. You can see the razor blade marks from before I started using the Dremel.

Takes about 5 seconds.

rob

MRH

Does it need to be down to shiny metal clean??  I have been using a wire brush and air compressor, it still looks a little discolored but no layer or chunks.  Also i find that a pressure sprayer works great to clean the racks, v pan and drip pan after cooking! ;D

Mark

robs

Quote from: MRH on August 30, 2006, 06:24:50 PM
Does it need to be down to shiny metal clean??  I have been using a wire brush and air compressor, it still looks a little discolored but no layer or chunks.  Also i find that a pressure sprayer works great to clean the racks, v pan and drip pan after cooking! ;D

Mark

We'll have to let the more experienced users chime in. I'm guessing no. I think a good scraping with a wire brush should be good enough.

MRH

Robs  that is what I think too, but thought since the subject was brought up, I figured I would ask to be sure.

Mark