Smoked some ribs yesterday

Started by Barny, April 30, 2021, 04:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barny

Smoked barbecued ribs for supper last night  Using the 3 - 2 - 1 - hour method . Got 4 racks of ribs on sale yesterday  morning  and  in the smoker by 10.00AM . Got a 12 pound boneless pork shoulder at same time which will be turned into sausages  .
This was only my second cooking in my new smoker  .First one was a chicken  that also turned out great.
OK , tried to load pictures from my desktop like in other sites but did not find how to do it as attachments here  :(

Barny

Well I got a message that attachments don't work here . . . that's a bummer because I also finished  making 14 pounds of bratwurst sausage here and was about to post three pictures of those as well . I can't find where the message disappeared to telling me the site is outdared as far as attachments go .
Oh well , it is a nice site here anyway . I posted pictures of both the ribs and the sausage on my Facebook page .

Habanero Smoker

To post pictures on this forum you have to first upload your pictures to a hosting site that will allow you to link your pictures on this forum. There are several free ones out there. Just pick one that allows you to link your photos to a forum. I believe many members here use Imgur.

How did the ribs and sausage turn out, and what type of ribs did you smoke/roast?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Barny

Both the ribs and the sausages turned out just fantastic. Never had ribs so tender and delicious from my old smoker.
As far as pictures go I will NEVER use another hosting site since Photobucket  deleted 20 years worth  of tens of   thousands of  my  pictures when they sold out  to the present crooks there . I was not alone. They did it to many . It was all over the internet .
I owned a large woodworking site for 20 years (Woodworking Friends)and like this site it required an address url from a hosting site to post pictures . In order to be able to  post pictures  directly from phone or PC  it cost a lot from the site software owners to provide storage for  pictures which is obviously why this site is not paying for it .
I had separate boards on my site training  members how to  use hosting sites  to post pictures. Then as Facebook grew  so much over the years I began to realize why the majority of my members had moved on to Facebook because they could easily post  pictures in a split  second  to any number of different groups there directly from their phone or tablet or PC  Eventually I had to close down my site and I too moved over to Facebook . A case of if you can't beat them . . .join them . . Facebook has caused many  stand alone sites to closed down over the years due to the extra cost of being able to post pictures compared to it being totally free on Facebook .
So I post all my pictures  just like millions of others do , into various groups in FB as well as into my own timeline .
I fully understand why the owner(s) of this site do not allow posting pictures directly from their phones and PC's etc.
. Simply because it costs lots of money  just like was the case with me . Been there . . . done that  . . . Some sites are flooded with commercials which pay the owners of the sites for the storage of pictures . I did not want to go that route with mine and I suspect the owners of this site  prefer not to as well .

Habanero Smoker

I'm glad to hear your ribs and sausage turned out great.

Sorry to hear about your experience with Photobucket. I haven't logged onto my Photobucket account for at least a year, until just now. They also locked out my account. Fortunately I have the original photos stored on a USB drive, but they are not organized like I had them on Photobucket. When Photobucket ended their free hosting, I like you decided not to use another hosting service. At this time I will not use any social media accounts. Maybe someday I'll try and open up an account.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Barny

I am not sure if you can view without being a member or not but here is a link to my home page (Timeline)  Yes , Slim young
there because that is my musical stage name for the  past 60  years or so. I turned 85 this month ..

The top topic is with pictures of the sausages  and the next one down is ones about the ribs. Cooking is just one of my many hobbies . Please let me know if my timeline comes up  for you without being a member . [url]https://www.facebook.com/slim.young.125/url

TedEbear

If you have pics posted on Facebook you can post them here.  Just right click on the Facebook pic you want to post and then left click on Copy Image Link in the box that pops up.  Select the Insert Image icon that you can see when you're compiling a message on the Bradley forum and paste the contents that you just copied into it.  Click on the Preview box to see that it worked before clicking on Post.

Here's a pic of yours from the Facebook link you posted:

Barny

Thanks TedEbear.
I was wondering if that could be done  .I tried it as a test message and deleted it . The picture you posted was bacon wrapped drumsticks and French fries all air fried  in my Ninja Foodi . Just another one of my hobbies  and another group I am in on FB ..
Problem is the picture I posted from there was huge and had to use vertical and horizontal scroll bars  for viewing it .
This was one of my main problems when I had my own site .I used to resize every picture before pasting them into my site to show  in the standard 640 X 480 size  for most sites . But  most of my members simply refused  to resize before posting  and I lost a lot of real informative members over it . Since Photobucket stole all my photos  I have never resized a picture since and will not start going through that extra process just for one site . Just another reason so many left  mine to use FB because you can post pics directly from your phone or PC in the size they were taken and FB automatically  resizes them .
There might be a way to make my pictures smaller on my phone  but not sure how.  If that would work I would gladly post some here .
I am into several groups  on FB like woodworking , candle making , soap making Ninja Foodie , Gardening  . .  . . . all hobbies . .  and post picture instantly in any one of them . Why it has never donned  on me to check out smoking groups I don't know but I did a search and my gosh there are literally hundreds of them. I joined a Canadian one and  an American one all within a couple minutes and posted pictures of my latest smoking  events and started getting lots of responses right away .
Not trying to take anything from this real nice site and not trying to promote my own page or groups on FB at all . Just explaining  how my personal experience has evolved with once owning a large site of my own with several moderators    .
If my discussing of FB is in any way contrary to the rules of this site  I will  understand and not be offended in the least if it becomes necessary for management to delete this complete thread .

Habanero Smoker

Without an account I can only view your homepage; that is all. The bacon wrap thighs look real good. I could eat that for my breakfast. Bradley does have a Facebook page.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Barny

Thank you for  mentioning that Bradly has a  a FB group . I have joined  it and now pending approval which usually only takes a day or so in most groups. So I will keep the Canadian one that I joined yesterday and replace the USA one from yesterday with the Bradley one . Only so many hours in a day to  participate in so many groups .
So now I will still be able to post pics and carry on with  discussions there the easy way rather than trying to do it on this site with its limitations on posting pics because as usual , a picture is worth a thousand words.
Many thanks to all who participated  with me here and  I will be watching for some of my friends from here showing up on  Bradley's FB group .
It seems that there is nothing a person can mention that doesn't have either one or a dozen or many more groups about it   on FB .
Fast paced changing world we are living in .