Electrical fault

Started by Stevo89, May 20, 2021, 08:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo89

I got a bradley p10 6 -7 months ago and I and having a issue with it when I turn it on and set the oven temp and time then select the bisquette intake time then set it, it trips all my fuses. I think there could be moisture in the intake box and has got in to the wires. I haven't opened it up yet to look at the wiring.
Is this a big problem to get fixed or a easy fix?

Habanero Smoker

Hi Stevo89;

Welcome to the forum.

I've had mine for 10 months, and it has been stored outside with just a cover, and it has gone through a few very heavy rainstorms. I haven't had any moisture problems. You are still under warranty, and you should contact Bradley. Though the control panel can be removed, you shouldn't remove the control panel unless Bradley instructs you to do so; if a replacement is needed.

In the meantime, if you believe it is a moisture problem, and if it will heat up with the bisquette burners off, try running it awhile at around 275°F with the side door open to see if that will dry out any moisture. If that doesn't resolve the problem, check for moisture in the location of where the bisquette dispenser cable hooks up. Use electrical contact cleaner to clean the connections. But definitely contact Bradley because it could be a larger issue than just moisture.

Let us know how you make out.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)