P10 programming scrambled

Started by Keith Schneider, May 22, 2021, 09:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Schneider

Is anyone else having problems when programming the p10 with the cook tool. After I load my USB stick with cooktool and download it to p10 cycle starts out ok on first step but after that information is scrambled and not correct?

Habanero Smoker

Hi  Keith Schneider;

Welcome to the forum.

I started off using the cook tool, but decided it wasn't worth the effort. Member Gizy CA uses it a lot, so he should be responding soon. He reported that Bradley will be releasing a new version in the future.

That app if not well programmed. To best help you if you post the steps you programmed in the Recipe Sequence we will be better able to help you. If you have any steps that include the internal temperature of meat, and you don't have the probes hooked up when you start the recipe sequence, the recipe sequence will end at that point. Bradley suggest always leaving the probes hooked up, but I don't feel comfortable with that; since the probe only register temperatures up to 212°F. Most of the time I smoke/roast at 250°F or higher, and I don't want the tips of the probes exposed to those high temperatures when they are not in use. 

Also I found that if you use to scroll bar to review your steps, the information seems scrambled. To review the steps always use the up and down arrows.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

gizy-CA

Hello...Keith Schneider.

Nice to have you here.

I am P10 owner and like Sir Habanero Smoker said... I  am using it a bit. Am I happy with it...NO I am NOT. This Cooktool.exe program is Very primitive with bunch of "bugs". Bradley shouldn't put this cooktool.exe in the package.
Now to better understand your problem please post the way you program your process. For instance :
Step 1
1.smoke time........1hr.
2 cook time ....1hr.....temp......75C
Step 2
1.smoke 40 mins
2.cook time ...1:30min....temp 84C
Step 3
1.smoke time ......1hr
2. cook time .....2hrs....temp 95C

Edward176

Greeetings Keith Schneider and welcome to the forum

Keith Schneider

Step 1
Temp 49C 1 hr
Smoke 1 hr

Step 2
Temp 54C 1 hr
Smoke 1 hr

Step 3
Temp 60C 1 hr
Smoke 1 hr

Step 4
Temp 66C 1 hr
Smoke 1 hr

Step 5
Temp 71C 1 hr
Smoke 1 hr

Step 6
Temp 77C 1 hr
Smoke 1 hr

Step 7
Temp 82 C 3 hr
Smoke 3 hr

Probes were not used. After loading in P10 program starts out right for the first hour but then info is scrambled after that.

Keith Schneider

Has anybody actually got the smoker to work properly after the first step. Just wondering if I am missing something once information is downloaded, I know the information shows what I want when I transfer from cooktool to USB.

Habanero Smoker

I've programmed a few recipes that did carry out all steps.

Your programming looks alright. Is this just a test program?

Just to eliminate a possible problem; I have to ask did you click save after you programmed step 7.

The first thing I notice is that at the current time you cannot program a cook temperature below 60°C with the Cook Tool; but the smoker should have automatically started smoking at 60°F. So I don't believe that is the problem, but just incase it is causing the problem try doing a test that uses 60°C and higher.

It is possible that you may have a corrupt admin or menu file. Go to the Cook Tool directory and delete those two files. The program will generate new files when you reopen the app. If not download and reinstall the app.  Caution, if you have a lot of recipes programmed you will loose them. If you have a lot of recipes just delete the menu file. The program should generate another menu file when you open the app.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

gizy-CA

Hi...
First what I can see...is temp.*** You can not set temp lower then 60 C. If you go lower then 60C it will start at 60C. Software '' Bug".
Also there is luck of time sync between smoking Bisquettes and cook start.
I just come back from my smoker ...try 4 steps settings...increasing cook temp...but keep the same smoke time. and everything went nice and smooth. (20 min smoke and 20 min cook then temp 60 70 60 90).
So in the next test I change smoke time and cook time and temp....4 steps...and it stops on step 1 and couldnt go to step 2.
Try start with cook temp at 60C.

Keith Schneider

Thanks for the input guys I know I saved my results after finishing with the cook tool. I did not know about the 60C thing. I will reconfigure my recipe and try again and see if it works.

gizy-CA

Good luck.....and please let us know how it went.

Habanero Smoker

The Cook Tool definitely challenges your frustration level. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.