Problem updating P10

Started by 01cons36, July 15, 2021, 08:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

01cons36

Hi all,

I was told by Bradley support that my P10 firmware needed updating as the new batch hardware had been updated and this was the reason for a temp probe problem I have.

I have tried to update the firmware using the provided USB as per the instructions on the Bradley website but it does not work.

I load the .bin file on the usb and then turn the smoker on, put the usb in and hold the recipe button down for 3 seconds until EEEE is displayed on the LCD screen. According to the instructions, what should happen next is the firmware update and the smoker automatically restart. What actually happens is that the EEEE code is displayed for about 1 minute and then the LCD reverts back to showing the current cabinet temperature. When I check the firmware version it is still the same and has not updated.

Has anyone managed to update theirs and if so how did you do it?

Thanks!!

gizy-CA

Hi ...and... welcome to the forum.

So far there is No new firmware updates for the P10.
Where did you download this *.bin firmware file from?

01cons36

Hi,

I have been in touch with the European support and they provided me with the link to download the firmware and also sent me the file itself.

Habanero Smoker

Hi 01cons36;

Welcome to the forum.

The steps in my manual are different, I have the U.S. version. But check with Bradley first to make sure both the U.S. model and European model uses the same update procedure.

1. With power on, press and hold the recipe button until EEE is displayed.
2. Insert USB containing the firmware upgrade.
3. Power Off the smoker for 3 seconds.
4. Power On smoker. Smoker will begin to read .bin file
5. During update display will show EEE.
6. When update is complete, smoker will restart and display the new firmware version.
7. After smoker restarts remove USB drive.
8. Replace protective USB port cover.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)