Bradley Smokers > The Digital Smokers (BTDS76P & BTDS108P)

Need Help! Smoker getting to hot and not leveling out.

(1/5) > >>

tbronder5:
So I was doing a big smoke a while ago. Thighs, Drums, and Venison tenderloins with bacon. Had a flare up in the cabinet and blew the thermal. Replaced the thermal and now I am trying to get some snack sticks smoked. When I turn the smoker on it heats up way past set oven temp and does not level out. I shut the oven off but it seems the element is still heating.  I am running two elements in parallel. I bought the new thermal from bradley. I am not sure what is going on.... The only thing indid was when I rehooked up the elements I did not put a spacer between the wires were they connect on the first element.

tbronder5:

--- Quote from: tbronder5 on September 10, 2021, 10:12:58 am ---So I was doing a big smoke a while ago. Thighs, Drums, and Venison tenderloins with bacon. Had a flare up in the cabinet and blew the thermal. Replaced the thermal and now I am trying to get some snack sticks smoked. When I turn the smoker on it heats up way past set oven temp and does not level out. I shut the oven off but it seems the element is still heating.  I am running two elements in parallel. I bought the new thermal from bradley. I am not sure what is going on.... The only thing indid was when I rehooked up the elements I did not put a spacer between the wires were they connect on the first element.

--- End quote ---
Could the temp sensor burned out or went bad? I have a weber igrill hanging in the center of the cabinet and I also checked it with my Maverick

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker:
Not replacing the spacers would not cause the problem you are having. When you refer to the "thermal", are you referring to the high temperature sensor shutoff?.

It could be that the temperature sensor, which monitors the cabinet temperature may have been damaged during the flare up, and does not shut off when the set temperature is reached.

tbronder5:
I am referring to the inline thermal shutoff. Red wire in the back.  The temperature sensor is exactly what I am thinking. Now my issue is finding a new one. I have a bradley 6 rack digital and it has the round disc looking sensor

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker:
OK! I refer to that part as the in-line fuse.

You may want to purchase directly from Bradley. My searches show that the sensor seem to be out of stock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version