• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cleaning the Bradley

Started by Texas Tom, August 31, 2006, 09:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Tom

Hi all,
This is the first time I have posted.
I have had my B/S for about 6 months and love it. My question that I have is how should I clean the smoker. I have cleaned the racks in the dishwasher but what about everything else? I do understand that the interior is well seasoned and I don't want to clean that but what about everything else?
any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Tom

icerat4

Hi AND WELCOME .I do the same only the racks and the drip pan.Other wise na da i havint touched the inside of my bs and its very very black.I wipe the out side down with a warm rag and thats it.Some other will chime in for there ways hope this helped a little take care. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

manxman

Racks, drip pan and water bowl are soaked and then put in the dishwasher. Heater element on the generator is scrapped every few smokes with a paint scraper to get rid of any deposits and keep it reasonably smooth, buying some bubba pucks will help here.... there are several recent other threats on these issues on the forum. :)

I blow the bits of sawdust out of the generator with compressed air, or maybe use a paintbrush and tilt it gently which also works.

Every so often I take the smoker cabinet vent off and give that a good clean with hot soapy water to stop it sticking, i also give the outside of my (SS) cabinet a wipe over occasionally with a damp cloth and use a light oil to protect the surface.

As for inside the smoker generally that is left well alone, apart from giving the door seal a good wipe after each smoke. I do get rid of any food deposits and occasionally give it a brush over with a paint brush to knock any loose flakes off which can fall on the food and make it look unsightly.

Welcome to the forum, sure others will chip in as well. :)
Manxman

Texas Tom

Thanks for the info.... Sounds like to me that I am doing the right thing. Sounds like a long week end of smoking for Tom.

Thanks again.