4 rack digital issue

Started by Jkwellborn, September 05, 2023, 03:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkwellborn

I pulled the back panel off of my 4 rack today to straighten out the plugs. The smoker has fallen down a couple of times and bent the plugs on the back of the smoker body. It still worked however. Well, I tried to plug it in to test the puck burner and the power plug didn't make connection. Noticed it was loose. Pulled the cover off and noticed this scorched part.

None of the wires are naked. I replaced the heating element several years ago and that's about where the burn mark is. Could that have caused it?

Habanero Smoker

I've seen scorching a lot worse, especially on my Old Bradley. So I would say that amount of scorching is not a concern.

On my Old Bradley, the scorching is worse directly behind the heating element. I believe the direct heat from the heating element causes this type of damage.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Jkwellborn

Thanks. I didn't think about it just being from regular operation. I used it yesterday and smoked some ribs and baked beans like always with no issues.

Habanero Smoker

The ribs and baked beans sound good.

The longer you use the smoker, you may notice that the scorching will begin to follow along the path of the wiring. That is probably the area's of least resistance that the heat can travel.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)