Door seal replacement

Started by Kevysmoke, January 12, 2024, 10:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevysmoke

My door seal/weather stripping on my bradley is cracked. Any tips on a product to replace it with? Some sort of high temp door seal?

Habanero Smoker

Hi Kevysmoke,

Welcome to the forum.

Your best option would be to replace the seal with another Bradley door seal. You can check with Bradley or Yard & Pool to see if they have a door seal; or maybe ebay.

Because the doors are kept shut by the magnet in the door seal, finding another type of high temp door seal that is magnetic may be hard to find. If you do find and use a nonmagnetic seal, you may have to add one or possibly two locking hinges to the door.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

watchdog56

I just replaced the seal on my 6 rack digital a couple of years ago. If you peel the edges of the magnet there are screws you have to take out first. Pretty sure I ordered from Bradley and when I got it it was folded so there was a flat spot that would not seal tight. I called them and let them know and they sent out another one.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: watchdog56 on January 13, 2024, 05:52:01 AMI just replaced the seal on my 6 rack digital a couple of years ago. If you peel the edges of the magnet there are screws you have to take out first. Pretty sure I ordered from Bradley and when I got it it was folded so there was a flat spot that would not seal tight. I called them and let them know and they sent out another one.

When I replaced my seal, after installation the seal was "warped" in a couple of places. The magnet didn't have any creases in it, but the seal arrived coiled up. I ran the smoker at 250F for about 30 minutes. That helped flatten the seal; quite a bit. I then used a strap to tie the door shut, but not using too much pressure. Just enough pressure to make a good seal (bungee cords will also work). Ran it for about another 30 minutes. After that the seal made a tight fit.

But if that magnet has any creases, definitely send the seal back.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ovonrueden

Quote from: Kevysmoke on January 12, 2024, 10:22:09 AMMy door seal/weather stripping on my bradley is cracked. Any tips on a product to replace it with? Some sort of high temp door seal?
there are some tips on how to replace it with a new product:
•  You can order a replacement door seal from Yard and Pool, a website that sells Bradley smoker parts and accessories. The door seal costs $10 and is made of high temperature silicone rubber
•  You can follow the instructions from the Bradley Smoker Service Manual or watch this YouTube video to learn how to change the door seal yourself. You will need a screwdriver, a pair of pliers, and some patience.
•  You can also use a generic high temperature door seal or gasket that fits your smoker model. You can find them online or at your local hardware store. Make sure they are rated for at least 500°F and are compatible with your smoker material .
I hope this helps you fix your smoker and enjoy your smoked food.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step