• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Error "E" light and beep

Started by Barkfan2, August 20, 2024, 11:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barkfan2

At the end of the first smoke, an "E" code started flashing on the wood feeder and it started beeping. I replaced the short wire connecting the two boxes, but it still continues. Any suggestions out there in smokerland?

Habanero Smoker

Hi Barkfan2,

An E1 code indicates that there is a problem  with the small wire between generator and tower. If it is an E1 error, unplug and re-plug it a couple of times or even unplug and reverse it, it will usually help. While unplugging and re-plugging, check the connectors for debris. Use some fine steel wool to clean the connectors of any possible manufacturing residue.

Also; while the generator is on and the "E1" error is displayed and beeping, check the connection by wiggling one side of the connection up and down and left to right, and then the other end. If the "E1" message temporally goes away while you were wiggling one side, you need a new sensor connector. 

If none of the above actions work, the E-1 error may be a bad connection to the temp sensor the connection is located in the back of the smoke tower remove the back of the smoker and check the connection.

If the display code is an "E" error, that is a whole different problem. There is something wrong with the advance system. There is a problem with the connection between the motor arm and the micro switch. Bradley has upgraded the micro switch system that operates the digitals, so my prior knowledge of how to fix this is outdated. If it is an "E" error, you can open the generator, and give it a good cleaning, using an electrical contact cleaner, to clean the area of the micro switch. Or it might require and adjustment of the motor arm.

If this does not work contact Bradley Technical Support.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)