Extreme success at family gathering thanks to BS!

Started by Tominator, July 26, 2004, 03:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

My brother in-law said, "Well, I guess we know who'll do all the cooking from now on!"

My brother has two kids working at Super Smokers and loves their food. I stated just before the meal that, "This is a cut above that mass produced sweet stuff." He and his wife didn't say a word....until the first bite!

I've been concentrating on getting the meat done to perfection and have used all sorts of pre-mixed seasoning and hope to dive into mixing my own rubs, etc, at a later time.

Had 10lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast, 10lbs of chicken thighs and 15lbs of boneless pork ribs on at the same time.

I was worried about the breast being a little dry so about a third of a slice of bacon went on each breast. The ribs had nearly zero fat so a full slice went on each slab after about 1 hour dry rubbed with Morton's Tender Quik and a through washing.

Was a little worried as the breast were on the top shelf followed by the thighs with the ribs on the bottom and all that chicken fat dripping on the ribs might affect the flavor, but not a problem.

Took about 4.25 hours at 220. Then vacuum wrapped everything and froze it as the smoking was done the day before. Throughly impressed with the apple bisquettes! Best aroma of all the flavors IMHO.

About 3 hours before the feast the meat was thawed in hot water with the ribs going into the oven wrapped in foil covered by Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce for 1 hour at 325 in the oven.

Everyone was throughly impressed! I haven't received so many compliments since I finished my customized pu truck and had to explain the smoking process in detail numerous times during the day.

I must express my thanks to this forum for all the suggestions and information that led to my success with the Bradley.

Also tried some ABTs...ate them all myself![}:)]

...and some stuffed mushrooms with crab meat....I shared these with my wife.[:p]

...Smoking with the Bradley is just plain fun![:D]

<font color="red">Where there's smoke....there's meat!</font id="red">

Fuzzybear

Congrats Tominator!  Sounds like things worked out well despite a few setbacks![:D]

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

MallardWacker

DUDE.....INSPIRERING

Great job.  When I give my butts away, I always send a bottle of "Sweet Baby Rays".  Typically I think the average person likes sweet over vinegar.  I told everyone that I wasn't going to smoke this weekend beacause of a trip, but wife reminded me that I had 2lbs of jalepenos in the fridge and I didn't have a choice not to smoke them before I left.  I did something stupid with them this time, I use some left over mesquite (the devil's wood[}:)]), they came out a bit bitter-you could tell it was because of the smoke.  Much, much better with maple or pecan.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...