• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Two smokes under my belt

Started by crec, September 09, 2006, 03:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crec

Well i'm two weeks with the original Bradley Smoker, and so far so good!

I did chicken the first smoke and it was good. (not great). A little too much smoke. I put smoke on it for 2.5 hours, but it was just chicken thighs and breasts.

The next smoke was great. I did pork side ribs. (i know i read that they are hard to do.) I followed a recipe from a book i have called "Championship BBQ Secrets for Real Smoked Food" by Karen Putman. I soaked them in apple juice for 24hrs in a bag. The next day i took them out and let them get to room temp. then i rubbed them with "flower of the Flame Rib Rub". I heated up the smoker to 200*. I put smoke on them for 3 hours cherry/hickory. Spraying with apple juice every half hour. At the 4.5 hour mark i put them in foil painted with a touch of honey and bbq sauce. I put them back in for 1.5 hours. After 6 hours i put them in my oven (preheated to 325*) still wrapped up and turned oven off. Made some sweet potatoes and veggies. Wow they were good.
Meat was very tender,wife and kids loved them. 

Next is a beef brisket. It is in the fridge with mustard and rub as we speak.

Great site. I'll update on the brisket.

crec

icerat4

Hi.Just to let ya know this gets additive fast.You wont be able to past the meat isle anymore with out thinking hummm what can i smoke now. ;D.Good luck in the future with your new toy.Dont hesitate to ask questions here.You will get plenty of help with anything here. ;)

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

Welcome crec, good start to owning a BS by the sounds of things.  :)
Manxman