My new BS trolley

Started by manxman, September 22, 2006, 02:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

Really fallen on my feet this time.  ;)

We have just ended a 5 year lease on ana lytical instruments in the department where I work in the local hospital, normally the old instruments are returned to the manufacturer after such a period.

After signing a £0.3/$0.5 million 5 year contract for new ana lysers (word an*l is not acceptable here!) I expected the old ones to be collected by the company in question for refurbishment when they are typically sold on to " third world" countries.

Imagine my surprise when they decided they did not want them returned and instead I got them donated...... to me! After stripping them down to cannibalise them for spare parts the frames were  skipped.

Now the big question...... what to do with the phenolic resin topped powder coated steel 6 foot X 3 foot trolleys valued at £600/$1000 each!? Hard decision! A mate is delivering one to the house tomorrow for use as a fish processing, bradley smoking platform!

Phenolic resin is virtually impervious to anything that can be thrown at it and it should last for years. What is even better is that the whole set up is on wheels.

As you can imagine right now I an one happy chappie!  ;D And I have given the other trolley to  a friend who will make equally good use of it.

The company concerned are highly amused that one of their trolleys is being used in such a fashion, having said that one of the panels off a past ana lysers now serves as a filleting table on board my boat!  ;D
Manxman

iceman

Sometimes a valuble resource just falls in a guys lap. Good deal Manx. ;D