Using the towel and its benefits

Started by BigRed, July 29, 2004, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRed

Smoking Team!

When you use the towel and foil method, do you wrap the Butt in the towel and then the foil and put it in the cooler? Towel wet or dry?
what benefits do you get?  Sorry for so many  quesitons but I am trying to catch up to the experts!

Thanks in advance!!

BigRedRon

BigRED

Eat This

hmmm from what I have read here ....you double wrap in foil first and them in an old towel and place in a cooler or oven. ...In a cooler they say it stays hot for hours....I think it also help the smoke taste penetrate a little more......Some members here swear by it for most hunks of meat.......butt...brisket etc......lets the meat relax I imagine while keeping it HOT!!!

MallardWacker

Big R,

EatS has it correct.  Beleive you me this is the ticket.  Especially for butts-pulled pork.  I have done this ever since I've done my first butts.  I smoked 22lbs of brisket last weekend and did it also.  I have not done it with yard bird, but I am willing to try.  I think it may give you a bit of "Grace", it helps dried out meat stay moist and under cooked meat get what it needs, let alone what it does for flavor.  I really think that it adds to any cut of meat.  I will be doing it this weekend on my stuffed pork sirloin roast.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Bassman

I learned this towel method from Mr. Mallard and will always use it. It really works![:D]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Smokin Joe

I too learned this from Mallard Wacker and now I swear by it as well.  I did it this last weekend on a couple of pork legs we were smoking.  They remained moist and tender without any drying or problems when we actually pulled the meat the next day.

Smokin' Joe Johnson
Caroline's Rub - Fine Spice Creations
//www.carolinesrub.com
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!