An Amazing Site to See..

Started by MWS, October 15, 2006, 12:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWS

I took the kids to the local spawning channel today and snapped some pictures of the annual sockeye salmon return. I thought some of you fishermen may be interested.

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

projump

Those are great pics. Thanks for sharing them with us.
When there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous material, there you will find parts of an omnivorous ungulate from the suidae family of mammals.

TomG

Great pics Mike.  Is that near Lakelese?

Oldman

Where is my 8 foot cast net????

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MWS

Quote from: TomG on October 15, 2006, 03:02:50 PM
Great pics Mike.  Is that near Lakelese?

Hey Tom,

We were at a side channel of Weaver Creek, which is about 20 minutes west of where I live in British Columbia's Fraser Valley. Weaver Creek is a tributary of the Harrison River which flows into the lower Fraser River.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

tsquared

Nice pics Mike. Let's hope we get more rain so the coho and chums have some water in the rivers to spawn in.
T2

TomG

Mike,  A couple of years ago I spent almost a month fishing in and around Terrace.  Every three or four days I'd take a break from beating myself with 10 wt shooting heads and drive to a trib of the Kitimet near Lakesele.  The reds were spawning and decent cutthroats were taking egg patterns every dozen or so casts.  The fishing was really good, but per your photo, the setting was awesome.  Thanks for rekindling some very fond memories.

icerat4

Im interested.When can ya ship some over to illinois.No color die either please.Looks really nice. ;).great kid time for sure. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

pfowl01

coyote

I like that and I don't like nothin'..........Very cool. Thanks for sharing

Coyote