• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bradley to small?

Started by boxertrio, October 24, 2006, 07:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxertrio

I'm puttin on some chow for 10-15 buddys.  Thought I'd post some pics for those "WOW this thing is small" threads ;D

All the pics are clickys

The top rack just has bacon and peperoni on it, so there is plenty of room for a couple more butts or a brisket!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Arcs_n_Sparks

box,

Looking excellent. I take it your address is classified, otherwise 10-15 may be on the low side.   :D :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

asa

Boxer3 -
I agree with the point you are trying to make. As has been mentioned here recently, it is a good idea to invest in the "jerky racks" that Chez has. They are smaller grids (giving flexibility for smaller stuff), nonstick, and can give you the option of putting as many as 8 racks in at one time, or at least inverting some for thinner product. For example, on that top rack you could invert another rack on top of what you have and double the amount of bacon and pepperoni or even add another rack of spare ribs or rack-and-a-half of baby back ribs. So I think you can make the BS hold enough chow easily for 30-40 or more buddies, not just 15. Good point about the capacity.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

boxertrio

Need to order more jerkey racks, all the coating wore off mine after a year of use....not to bad considering how much meat goes through that little smoker
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

bubbagump

Quote from: boxertrio on October 24, 2006, 08:04:50 PM
Need to order more jerkey racks, all the coating wore off mine after a year of use....not to bad considering how much meat goes through that little smoker

I read here before where a few others had problems with the non-stick coating coming off rather easily and is the reason I haven't purchased any. With the low cooking temps. that the racks are subjected to there is no reason the coating should be coming off under normal use. Definitely not worth the money IMO.

Bubbagump

Habanero Smoker

I have the same problem with the jerky racks, with the non-stick peeling off. But then I also have a problem with the exterior coating of my regular trays. That coating is almost all gone. They are now mostly a copper color.

B3;
By the way. I don't see any icons in your post to click on.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

When I ordered by BS, I was tempted to go with the digital in order to get the larger size.  I'm glad I did not because so far I have only used 2 racks and probably could have squeezed it into 1 but I wanted to make sure that smoke got to every part.  I will probably use 3 or all 4 racks for the upcomming holiday seasons.  This thing holds a lot of meat.  Its realitive small size is very deceptive.

I purchased the Stainless Steel version and have been very happy with it.  I also purchased 2 jerky racks, but so far I have not used them.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

boxertrio

Hab, just click on the pics to supersize them.  Coating is gone from all 24 of my racks.  I line them with stainless steel screen, and spray'em with some Pam.  They come clean with a little hot water.

Asa, Have done 8, 6lb butts at one before.  I am mainly an rib, brisket, and butt man so stackin racks don't do it for me unless Im doin chicken tits or pork chops.  Usually with the ribs, I hang'em from S hooks off an inverted top rack to smoke. 

Have used the BS for better than a year now with no problems or break downs.  Between the fire station and the house it is used at least once a week.  I haven't fired up the big pit in months :(

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: boxertrio on October 25, 2006, 07:40:37 PM
Hab, just click on the pics to supersize them.  Coating is gone from all 24 of my racks.  I line them with stainless steel screen, and spray'em with some Pam.  They come clean with a little hot water.

I can't see any thing but a blank space. Usually if a picture doesn't download I will get a box with a red X. Is anybody else having a similar problem?

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Oldman

I see click to enlarge images, and they work~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

I have so many filters running, it may be caused by one of those, but I only see an empty space of about 10 lines. Another frustrating cyber mystery.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

iceman

I'm getting good clickable pictures even on the work computer through the fire wall Hab. Must be like you said and is getting hung up in a filter somewhere.

asa

Habs:
Under "All the pics are clickys" I see 5 small photos. All I have to do is single click on one of them and it is enlarged. Have you had problems seeing other photos on the forum or is it just these? The answer to that may help sort it out for you and others who are more savvy than I am in these matters.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
     And

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: asa on October 26, 2006, 04:43:20 PM
Habs:
Under "All the pics are clickys" I see 5 small photos. All I have to do is single click on one of them and it is enlarged. Have you had problems seeing other photos on the forum or is it just these? The answer to that may help sort it out for you and others who are more savvy than I am in these matters.

Lately I haven't been having any problem viewing photos on the forum. In the past if there was a problem with viewing a photo, a small white box with a red X would show up where the photo should be. This is the first time there has be just blank space. Even when I highlight the area, it remains blank. When I get a chance, I will try turning off some of my filters to see if any of them are blocking the photos because they are on a particular site that one of the filters may consider to be a spam site.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

asa

So perhaps it has something to do with B3's "imagecave.com" link. Works fine for me but perhaps not for all. Otherwise, need a techie to step in with more intelligent help than I can provide.
     And