Thanks guys.....

Started by BillyG, October 27, 2006, 09:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyG

Anybody think Chez Bubby would send them Saturday delivery???  I lost his web address if someone can kindly post it I'd appreciate it.

If not thru him, anybody know any actual stores I can get the pucks from in NJ???  There's not a Bass Pro Shop anywhere in the area???

iceman

Quote from: BillyG on October 27, 2006, 09:48:10 AM
Anybody think Chez Bubby would send them Saturday delivery???  I lost his web address if someone can kindly post it I'd appreciate it.

If not thru him, anybody know any actual stores I can get the pucks from in NJ???  There's not a Bass Pro Shop anywhere in the area???
I think you can reach Kirk and Anne at (574) 276-8746

Habanero Smoker

Some Gander Mt. stores stock the bisquettes.

Kirk's website is
www.chezbubba.com
Phone: 574-276-8746; which would be faster then trying to contact him through the site.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BillyG

Well thanks guys for the advice.  You guys on here are great I must say.  I don't know if it's because I live up here with the snobs of the Northeast or that you guys are just this great, probably a combo of both.  But nobody up here is willing to share any of their insight or secrets for whatever reason.  This is a great BBQ community that seems the point is sharing our experiences, whether good or bad, so that others on the site can enjoy their feasts even more.  Trust me, if I stumble across some magical recipe that I make myself I'll be here the next day posting all the details so that anyone can try!!!

Alright, back to the point....it's Tuesday, just checked UPS website and the briquettes are sitting at my front door.  Saturday deliver was $100 freakin dollars!!!  So my family didn't get to enjoy the great ribs I'm smoking because of all the great advice I've gotten here.  To all the foil haters out there, if there's a better way please let me know....the best rack I've made so far was the apple juice/honey splashed ribs wrapped in foil and put in a ziploc bag for about 1/2 to an hour after being cooked.  I'm going to try a couple different methods, like actually taking them out before they're done...doing the same foil thing minus the ziploc bag...then put them in the smoker to finish.  Someone here gave me the idea so I'll give it a try.

asa

Or you can put 'em in your kitchen oven wrapped in foil & splashed with a spritz of Eastern NC BBQ sauce (vinegar-based) or apple juice for several hours (I suggest ~165f) while you're cleaning up the BS and relaxing. You get better temp control and it makes the house smell wonderful.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

IKnowWood

BillyG.  I don't know of any Bass Pro close, closes I know of is in Maryland in ArrundMills Mall. 

I perosnally get my bisquette from Kirk & Anne.  Better selection, Bass Pro sometimes does not carry what I want when I want it.

Have fun with those RIBs, they are a tru experiment.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

icerat4

Let us know on the ribs .iM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Just another weekend with the smoker...

BillyG

WELL....... I haven't gotten to smoke a dam thing in quite a while, starting to tick me off!!!  My schedule has been a bit hectic and I don't want to leave the house with the BS running, though I know it'll be fine I'm a worry wort LOL.

I haven't looked to see if I've gotten any responses to smoked turkey suggestions but hopefully that thread is filled up.  I have to take mommy dearest to the airport for their flight across the pond (where she now lives) but it's a late flight so I'm hoping to get to the butcher early and get a smoke in before she leaves.  If so, the ribs will get some good FTC time and should make for an excellent feast when I get home around the same time as wifey. YAHOO!!!  I'd love any additional secrets to smoking ribs in the BS, willing to try anything!!!

BillyG

Well I finally got to smoke something this weekend.  Two racks of baby backs that I didn't throw in until about 10:30 at night....3 hrs of hickory smoke, forgot to rotate the racks-will never do that again, then from someone elses idea I wrapped them in foil and apple juice, meat side down for another hour or so, then took them out, very lightly saused them and put then back in the BS with no smoke for another hour.  Considering when all was said and done it was about four in the morning I FTC'ed them (after eating half a rack of course)....

Well I wound up over sleeping for the tailgate, the 12 pack of beer while I was smoking was a pretty bad idea....so I put them in the fridge and nuked them when I got home from the game.  THEY WERE F'IN GREAT!!!!! Both times, out of the smoker and after nuking them.

iceman

Don't ya just love a happy ending. :D Go Billy Go ;D