What too do with Pork ribs

Started by Thunder Fish, October 28, 2006, 08:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder Fish

So at the last minute company gets sick/cancell's out and you end up with a few extra racks,what ya do you with the left over ribs?..................Smoked pork rib pie!  Pre boil 1 large sliced potato(15 min),seperate,and shred, about 2 1/2 racks of ribs from ANY remaining bones,make about 1 1/2 cups of gravy (I used beef OXO cubes) and add about 1/2 cup frozen mixed veggies in.Mix all in a large bowl
I do not make pastry so Pillsbury came to the rescue,pre grease a 9" deep pie pan place layer of pastry down,add filling,top with second layer of pastry and follow directions on box of pastry.I baked mine at 350 for 50 minutes than let sit for 1/5 min to cool.
I have since been instructed to always make extra ribs for a rib pie now from my wife............something that truley tastes W O W !

Wildcat

I normally just have a big lunch the next day, but your suggestion sounds good.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Clever Idea.  Sounds a little like pot pies from the store.  Pretty good for Bfast burrito also.  I like pulled pork burritos in the AM or Noon or Anytime. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)