Storage question on Smoker

Started by timaging, November 17, 2003, 05:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timaging

Hi,

I see in the manual to store this in a dry, covered place, but I have mine on a roofdeck with just the black weatherproof cover. Is there something else I need to do, since I don't have any dry cover up there?

Thanks,
Dave

==============
Taylor Imaging
www.taylorimaging.com
www.ti-3d.com
[email protected]
===============

zr2paul

Im not sure where you are from and how the climate is in your area but I would suggest keeping your Smoker indoors when not in use.  The Bradley Cover is just a cover for little protection it doesnt help from condensation or any other weathering that may occur.  I keep mine in the garage or in the shed away from any rain, snow or any moisture that may sit in or around the smoker.  If you cant fit the whole smoker in the garage due to space, then I would suggest to at least take the smoker generator off the smoker and keep that inside away from any harsh weather.

Paul

timaging

well, there is no indoors on my roofdeck, and I can't bring it down into my condo. If anybody else has any ideas on how I can wrap this up, I'd appreciate it. I have 2 full nights of heavy rain and wind coming up here. It sounds like my unit will be ruined after tonight and that's a ton of money out the window.

Dave

==============
Taylor Imaging
www.taylorimaging.com
www.ti-3d.com
[email protected]
===============

zr2paul

Why not bring the unit inside for the time being, atleast until this bad weather passes by.  If you dont have room for the whole unit then bring the Smoke Generator inside only.

In your case since you live in a condo, how about building a box out of plywood, calking the edges to water proof it, this way no weather can effect your unit.  I know this idea is a little off the wall BUT at least you know you unit is safe from any damages that may occur.

OR

If you have room, go to Home Depot or Walmart and purchase one of those small storage units that would fit on you roof deck or balcony and use that to store your Smoker? or even a rubbermaid bin that is big enough.

Good Luck!

Paul

woodpen62

Dave:  I also live in a condo in the Seattle area.  Lots of rain.  I leave my smoker on my balcony all year.  I got one of the covers and all I do is tie it down with string to keep it from blowing off on stormy days.  I have had my Bradley now for 2 years and never had any problems from the rain.

Michael good smokin[8D]