Error Code

Started by SmokinScott, November 13, 2006, 07:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinScott

I have had the DBS for almost a year now and here lately when the wood burner is on i sometimes get an E with a beep noise so i have to reset the smoker.  Sometimes i have to do this several times for it to begin to work properly any ideas of what i should do to prevent this.

West Coast Kansan

Call Bradley,,, but it is related to the small cord between the generator and the tower.  It is likely to be the connector on the back of the tower. They can get gummy and not operate.  Not too bad to replace. Bradley will send you one. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mplsgordon

I had the same problem today, and swapping the small cord end for end solved it.

West Coast Kansan

What seems to happen as I understand it... the connector on the back of the tower sometimes looses contact.  Giving it some exercise (plugging and unplugging) seems to take care of it. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

Mplsgordon

???
Used the smoker again today, and again I had the error codes. I played around with the small cord and got it to work.

The back of my smoker isn't perfectly flat; could it be that the receiving end of the small cord in the tower is not aligned right? And, if this is so, do I need to take off the back and straighten things out?

West Coast Kansan

Na, I dont think it has to do with the flatness of the back.  It is a cheap push in connector.  the connector body is all one piece so the back would not effect it unless it somehow holds the male end out a little bit.  Bradley has a bunch of them, they can send you one.  You would unscrew about a thousand screws to loosen the bottom part of the back and you can reach in and undo the connector where it plugs into the wires from the temp sensor.  If you replace it dont bend the back or the screws get hard to line up.  They all seem to have to go in at one angle or another already (dont line up real well).

West Coast Kansan

Hi Guys, did the problem get resolved and can you confirm what the solution? Just wanting to keep track of findings.  Thanks

SmokinScott

Well i pulled the smoke generator apart to find that it had all kinds of greese and wood dust in it so i cleaned it out and so far that seems to have fixed the problem.