School Project 4 th grade

Started by Oldman, August 12, 2004, 05:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

My wife has been in one school teaching now 33 years. She has what is the makings of some fine 4th grade students this year.

We are going to take raw soiless mixture and show the kids how to turn it into a living micro society to include earthworms. Teach them how to fix not only worm food but the food for the rest of the society. In December we will start a couple of Tomatoes plants from seeds. By that time the society will have turn that foodless soiless mixture into a wealth of eating. We will show them that by taking good care of the society, the society will take good care of the plants.

This will work hand in hand with the school's theme this year of Inter-Dependance.

At the end of the year will well take the class out to Fort DeSoto Park, grill some burgers and eat our own organically grown tomatoes!

I have one Earthbox and that is what we will be using for a container.

Most kids in the city just have never seen a tomato plant. This is going to be fun.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Olds,

Sounds like those fourth graders have a very interesting teacher.  Man I can't remember anything like that happening when I was in the fourth grade.  Have a great time with them for me.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Chez Bubba

Very cool Olds. It's a great thing when adults are so willing to share a part of their passion with impressionable minds. The kids are going to have a ball with it because they're going to be having so much fun, they won't be realizing that they're <b>learning</b>.

Good luck.

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Fuzzybear

Awright Olds and Mrs Olds!

We need our kids to take care of the plants and grow healthy items; not to mention all while still allowing them to play in the dirt (well, semi-dirt!)

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!