• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

one word, awesome!

Started by cinchup, December 07, 2006, 08:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinchup

thanks all for your great post. i dont post a lot on here b/c i dont like to type so i just read. but everything i have smoked so far has turned out great, i love it!. even for thanksgiving i did a turkey for the mother and father in-law, and yes it was an absloute hit they think i am the greatest cook ever. but i never could have done it without all of you guys. so thank you very much!!! i have never owned any other smoker but i have friends that have others, and we bs about theres and mine and theres are such a hassel. i try to convince them on a bradley and they just dont believe how good it really works. heck i cant but i have one and it does. again thanks all.

Arcs_n_Sparks

cinchup,

Great feedback. Yeah, typing interferes with my drinking too..... :D :D :D

Glad you have reached hero status with the relatives and in-laws; you should post some pics of what you have been doing.

Arcs_n_Sparks

cinchup

actually i wish i could but the night before we left my digi cam died, so the wife and i were spending t-day 6 hours away and did not have time to buy one and bought a disposable cam and of course have not finished it to get it digi-tized to post.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Not a problem. Told my wife smoking is going to be a 15 year experiment, and I have to watch the smoker and take notes. Of course, the PID controller is covering for me while I visit the adult beverage refrigerator.

Get that new camera for Christmas, and we'll see your posts in the New Year.....

Arcs_n_Sparks

Habanero Smoker

Glad to hear about your success. It's hard to convince others how well and how easy the BS works. I know I am one of those guys. I used to swear by my water smoker, until I had the opportunity to see the BS actually perform, and had a chance to operate it. I went online and ordered one the next day.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

yet another success story! :) Nice one cinchup.

Manxman

Wildcat

Nice...  Invite you unbelieving friends over for a demo.  Have plenty of beer and make a party out of it.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

SmokyJones

Yeah it is kind of funny to hear the non-believers talk before they actually taste something out of the BS.  One of my best friends and I started talking about getting into smoking.  I started to do a little research and stumbled upon the forum...I tried to tell him about it, but he insisted that he knew what he was doing and he went and bought one of those big@ss smokers that requires a lot of baby-sitting.  He smoked a few different items...and don't get me wrong....it was good....but it was just a lot of work. I went down to Bass Pro and bought my BS and popped in a brisket the same day.  Well, he came by just to see it and was bad mouthing my decision and "I was crazy for not getting the same smoker that he had" until he tried a little taste....  It was then that he called his wife from my house and told her to go out and take a picture of his smoker and list it on Craig'slist to sell.  He is heading down this weekend to buy his own BS.  It is amazing how this little box can make one seem like they have been smoking for a long time.  I can't wait to bring my skills up to the level of some of the guys here on the forum.  It is going to take a while but there is an abundance of good info here.... Long story short.....THANKS BRADLEY AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE SO HELPFUL!!! ;D

Wildcat

With the assist you will get from members of this forum, it will not take you as long as you might think.  These guys are normally willing to give you step-by-step and down to the last detail (photo's and all).  It is a real family affair here.

iceman

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;)
Thanks from all of us Smokey.

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

terrilb

So I am lead to understand that this will make a wonderful Christmas Gift?  my Outdoorsey guy will think this is wonderful & cook me some great meals?  What are the best briquettes to use with wild game?

Wildcat

Yes.  Yes, especially if you keep him in good supply of favorite adult beverage.  Special blend can be used for virtually anything.

manxman

QuoteSo I am lead to understand that this will make a wonderful Christmas Gift?  my Outdoorsey guy will think this is wonderful & cook me some great meals?  What are the best briquettes to use with wild game?

You betcha it will make a wonderful Christmas Gift!  ;) No excuse for not getting some great meals served up either!

I have not done that much wild game so will let others comment on that.
Manxman

West Coast Kansan

Oak seems to be a nice middle of the road.  Taste is a kind of personal thing. Pecan, apple, alder are mild and might make a nice enhancer for wild game - when you dont want heavy smoke flavor IMO. Very nice gift idea!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)