• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Biff Burger and Iceman's BBQ sauce.

Started by Oldman, December 12, 2006, 03:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Thanks Olds.  I am sure going to try to get there.  If I can't make it this time I am sure I will the next time.  Just the thought of going there has brought back a lot of good memories that were almost forgotten.  I can not express how elated I am that you made this post.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Malc

QuoteCome down Mcmullen Booth road
This really is a small world.  I lived in Seminole and Palm Harbor, Florida from the time I was about 6 until I was 10.  I still have family down there in Palm Harbor, St. Pete, Tampa and Ocala.  I visit occasionally, and I am planning a trip in February.  Very familiar sounding road.  We must have travelled it often.  Maybe a stop at Biff will be in order.

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

jimguy

Long long ago, in a place far far away,,,

In the Seattle area during the 50's, 60's and 70's, there was a small chain of drive ins named Dag's that sold burgers for 9 cents, 12 cents with cheese, fries were 10 cents as were shakes. One in Renton, just south of Seattle was the hub of "the loop" where on Friday and Saturday nights cars like those in Oldman's pics were common, along with cheap beaters and family cars borrowed from the folks to "cruise the loop". I burned lots of gas going nowhere in my 56 Chevy in that area.

The burgers were nothing to brag about, mass produced to feed the hoardes. It was fun to watch the guys working, squirting a measured about of katchup and mustard from hopper like dispensers dressing 20 to 30 buns at a time then dropping 2 paper thin pickle slices on each one. The fries were another thing. I have no idea what made them special but they had a flavor impossible to find anymore. 

Oldman, thanks for bringing up memoires of that time of street drags, hot rods and good friends.