• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoke Generator Problem?

Started by skiroulert440, December 19, 2006, 10:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiroulert440

Machine is not very old and in excellant condition....cant understand why the bisquett advance failed (not the motor)....BTW: pretty labor intensive replacing the $20 motor

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome, your BS should be covered by waranty depending on how old it is?, speak to Bradley they have a great after sales reputation  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

iceman

Did you test the motor prior to installation? Also did you check the voltage when you press the advance button? You can check the button also by disconnecting it and using an ohm meter. They go bad also. Check the fuse while your at it. Make sure all your connections are good while your in the generator. Lots of little things can go wrong and it might be something simple (I hope). Most important is to call Bradley. They are very helpful. ;)

skiroulert440

Whats Bradleys phone #?  I emailed them with no response yet.....the wiring is all good.....doesnt feed with the manual button or automatically, so now Im thinking that the computer/timer gizmo is bad....or possibly the actuator switch?  Will have to find an ohm meter and spend more time on this project. I believe its 3 years old & I only use it this time of year...stored indoors with a cover.

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

skiroulert440

I tested the power and the unit is dead after the timer/computer (no power coming from it) Called Bradley and they are sending me a new timer/computer....very happy with the excellant customer service.

I decided to pay the extra money to have one of these smokers vs other brands and am glad I did! When you have positive customer service experiences.....even though the problems that occured are a big negative....it makes things good.

After installing the recommended aftermarket replacement motor a word of warning: The plastic shaft that comes out of the motor does not fit the arm and needs to be modified.

Im keeping the old motor which is still good since between myself and all my friends that have one of these BS machines, someone will need a motor in the near future Im sure.