I'm new

Started by smokerman, December 23, 2006, 06:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokerman

Well gentlemen, been reading all the posts for the last month. About know them by heart. 
got me hooked.  Found a good buy today, so I broke down and bought it, A new four rack digital.Got it set up tonight and hope to season it in the morning.  With
christmas so close I probably wont get any thing smoked till next week end.  I'm not sure what yet.  Probably a 3-4lb butt to start with. 
sure enjoy reading about everyones'smoking adventures.  Keep writing, I'll keep reading and learning

smokerman

nodak

Welcome aboard, checkout http://susan.rminor.com if you haven't.

Gizmo

Welcome smokerman.
Don't hesitate to jump in with a question or suggestion any time, any topic.  No one bites here (O.K. so they gnaw on the bones a bit from time to time) except for a little ribbin'.  Now that I got the puns out.....

I have a digital 6 rack.  The first piece of advice I can give you is Have FUN.  The next suggestion is more specific to the digital itself.  The oven temperature set point, and the oven temperature reading are not usually the air temperature the meat will be experiencing.  Use a seperate digital thermometer placed near the meat to gage what the real cook temperature is.  Your results will be much closer in times, temps and results to that which is posted here. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Welcome Smokerman, You might think about some chicken as well (vent well opened). Chicken takes on the smokeflavors very nicely and does not take a long time.  Enjoy your smoker and dont be a stranger on the forum.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on December 23, 2006, 08:57:51 PM
Welcome Smokerman, You might think about some chicken as well (vent well opened). Chicken takes on the smokeflavors very nicely and does not take a long time.  Enjoy your smoker and dont be a stranger on the forum.
Yeppers WCK. welcome Smokerman. :D

owrstrich

o my... let me guess... smokerman is from iowa...
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

LilSmoker

Hi, and welcome smokerman  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Quote from: owrstrich on December 27, 2006, 10:59:10 AM
o my... let me guess... smokerman is from iowa...

Oskaloosa?

Pretty impressive O. so little time in Waverly and learning so much.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

MRH

Another Iowan??  How did you guys figure that out?  I looked at his posts and didn't see it mentioned.  Welcome smokerman, I am from the Wellman area.

Mark

owrstrich

i figured it out because cyberguy aint sh1t... just a pathetic amature... and i didnt have his ip because i aint got no special powers... owrstrich up stages cyberguy again... owrstrich 4 cyberguy 0...
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...