• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Got new Digital 4 rack for xmas. Have questions

Started by ddyer248, December 25, 2006, 07:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddyer248

Wife got me a digital 4 rack for christmas. I have attempting to season the unit right now. I loaded 8 bisquettes in the unit and set oven temp to 150 and timers to 1:40. Keep in mind it is cold here (michigan) about 33 degrees out. P{roblem is that oven is up to temp but I don't see any visable smoke. Also bricks are coming out of the conveyor looking unburnt.

What should I do?

Derek

tsquared

Pull the generator off of the smoke box so you can see what is happening. Hold your hand over the end of the puck burner to feel if you're getting heat there. 2 questions to clarify your problem:Are the pucks advancing 1 every 20 minutes or so?( 20 minutes is the right time) If there is a malfunction on the timer and they are advancing too fast, they won't have time to burn. What kind of cord are you using to power your unit? If you are using a long extension cord, that could underpower your burner to the point where it won't generate enough heat to burn the pucks. There maybe something to do with your digital unit that will affect it but I have the non digital kind and am not familiar with them. Finally, it could be that you have a defective burner. Hope you get it fixed--Bradley will help you out, but that won't help you right now.
T2

West Coast Kansan

The oven is running and you can see the temps on the digital display so the connection from generator to tower is ok on Both the large and small cord.  Also the fuse etc are all ok. 

The pucks are advanceing tsquared has the right question regarding the condition of the pucks if no heat at the puck burner plate, call Bradley and they will send you a new generator overnight.  Bummer on Xmas with new unit.

Hang in there Bradley will make it right and lots of fun ahead!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

This would probably be too late of an questions/answer but after loading and preheating, did you push the puck advance button 2 or 3 times (depending on whether you had the pucks loaded previous to turning the unit on or after) so that a puck would advance to the burner plate?  3 aluminum pucks (bubba pucks) on the top of the stack also help with pushing the final puck on the burner without having to wasted a good one just to get the last puck on the heater.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/