• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sucess! I think

Started by RonR, January 03, 2007, 10:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

Just pulled my first brisket flat out of the smoker at 185 IT.  Was on for 13.5 hours at 200 degrees. Its now in FTC, hoping to keep it warm for 5 hours for dinner.  Pulled a small part off the thin end of the flat and it was tender and juicy. I think its going to be GOOD.  The point of the brisket is still in the smoker, IT only at 167. Atleast that one will still be warm for dinner. LOL.  The Guru worked great, despite my installation problems.

RonR

I forgot to mention, I didn't use a foil boat.  I was very nervous. But, the 6pack of Samuel Adams Light helped out with the anxiety  :P

Habanero Smoker

Glade to hear your brisket is done. I had a feeling it would be done between 12PM to 2 PM. I do not boat mine with foil, and it comes out alright, but I also only bring my brisket up to 175°F.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Congrats and enjoy.  Did you take photo's? ???
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

RonR

Well, dinner was great and LSU won the Sugar Bowl. All in all it was a great evening.  Everyone loved the brisket.  5 people ate half of a 14 pounder.  Must of been pretty good.  It was fork tender and still juicy, can't complain for my first one.  Sorry no pics.  Maybe next time. :D

Gizmo

LSU, shouldn't there have been some crawdads in that smoker with the brisket?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Glad to hear every thing was successful. Hope you were a LSU fan :-[

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Malc

Quote from: RonR on January 03, 2007, 10:45:19 AM
I forgot to mention, I didn't use a foil boat.  I was very nervous. But, the 6pack of Samuel Adams Light helped out with the anxiety  :P

Light beer!!!!???  ??? Life is just too short.  I guess if you have to though that is not a bad one. ;)

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

iceman

Glad to hear it worked out Ron. I have to agree with Malc though on the light beer thing :D ;D LOL :) Have a good one

RonR

Well, The Sam Adams light isn't too bad. Switched to the Sam Adams Cherry Wheat last night.  I must say, I am a fan of that stuff.  It was my first try and I really like the cherry smell and taste.  Big LSU fan, born and raised in Baton Rouge, both degrees from LSU, blah, blah, blah.  Lived in Dallas for the last 5 years though.  Will never be a Texan though.