Walk-In Cooler

Started by bakerjm32, January 05, 2007, 09:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerjm32

I am thinking for building a Walk-in cooler. Anyone have any ideas or have they built them in the past?  Seems like you could make 2"x6" walls and have plenty of room for insulation. Then just caulk it, seal the door and be done.  This is except for the expensive drop-in refrigeration unit.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

iceman

Howdy bakerjm32;
I have put a few of the walk-ins together for myself and others. Ann (the boss lady of the house) works for Arctic Refrigeration Co. and they make all the units up here for Walmart, Safeway, Freds, Costco, etc. I can get you cut sheets and tech info and mail it to you if you would like. There is a little more to it than just slapping a evap. and condens. unit on the roof and plugging it in. Location, indoors or out, weather, humidity, etc all come into play to make it work correctly. Your right about the expense, that's for sure! Next time I buy a compressor unit I'm going to ask them if gold plating is extra! :D ;D :o ;)

Oldman

Not knowing where you are from I can only suggest you check out used restaurant supply houses.  You would be surprised of what you can get on the cheap.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!