• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Kool-Aid and 5 cent candy bars....

Started by Oldman, January 05, 2007, 04:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Last week we got free some Power-ade drinks.  Anyway one night I grabbed on and dang it tasted like something out of my childhood... Grape Kool-Aid.  Anyway I had Susan try it and sure enough she agreed.

That started us talking about 2 cent jaw-breakers (today known more as fire balls) and 5 cent candy bars. The one item we both really like was the Sugar Daddy -- a stick of caramel that took forever to soften up so you could chew-pull it with your teeth.

Yesterday Susan came home with Grape Kool-Aid.  It is funny the things I "grew up from" today I seem to enjoy more than I did when I was a kid.....

So go out you all old folks and grab a pack of Kool-Aid~~!
Enjoy!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

gpsmoker

Raye, both my boys are in their 20's, and still love koolaid. There is always a jug of it in the fridge. And funny enough, we always manage to find the sugar daddies for halloween up here. The fun things just seem to hang around, if we really want them too....and yeah...I do like koolaid too...just a pity can't get the blueberry flavor anymore.

Greg
When it's brown its cooking....when its black its done!

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

West Coast Kansan

Rasberry is what I always had.  Chick bits or bites ??? Comes in a plastic sleeve - still see them in the mid west but not CA - they were GOOD!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

iceman