Bradley generator adapted to a High Mountain smoker box.

Started by iceman, January 29, 2007, 12:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

I finally got some pictures of the conversion everyone was asking about last fall. I converted the smoker to natural gas because propane got so dang expensive up here. The generator runs off an invertor from the truck batteries. Temp is some what controlled with the variable gas control from King Cooker.

Just click on the pictures to enlarge them.

Cardboard template made from the generator shipping box.

Mock up coplete with cut outs made full size.

Rough together out of stainless.

Generator mount plate placement.

Generator tube mounted. Yeh, that's ugly ole me!

Access door to biscut drop pan.

Smoker I used converted to natural gas.

Getting things marked out to cut opening for generator adaptor box.

Cut out for generator bx using a plasma cutter so the smoker box didn't warp.

Side view of everything mounted.

Back view with the generator on.

Tube from the inside of the smoker.

It was a fun little project. Hope it helps out. Have fun folks. :)

Wildcat

Very, very nice!  Nice workshop also.  I have rarely seen one so organized. ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Arcs_n_Sparks

Iceman,

Very nice. What are you doing with my radioactive sign?

Arcs_n_Sparks

West Coast Kansan

Geeez Iceman, think you could do something that could be replicated by humans...  ;) ::) ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Iceman,
I would agree with WCK, beyond my meager talents.  Please don't let my wife see that.  Till now she thinks I am the most handy talented husband in the world with a few simple plumbing fixes, cabinet repairs, and other routine "do's".  This would totaly expose that false impression.

WCK, I did see a spelling mistake in Iceman's post.  Either that was his human side peaking out, or his super human kicking in to make us think he is human.  More investigation may be require to determine for sure.  If we all start seeing these smoke kits show up on the door step like Santa Clause delivering toys on Xmas eve, we'll know for sure.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

Hey iceman, now that's a job to be proud of it looks as though it would last a lifetime.

I really love your workshop, i could spend weeks in there just working away on various projects ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

manxman

QuoteHey iceman, now that's a job to be proud of it looks as though it would last a lifetime.

I second that.  :)
Manxman

headgames

AWSOME ! .......... and I see you have no shortage of smoke generators ..  I see 5 in the pictures .   are they all still functional .  or they available for parts ? ......... Nice job Iceman .
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

iceman

Quote from: headgames on January 31, 2007, 05:40:36 AM
AWSOME ! .......... and I see you have no shortage of smoke generators ..  I see 5 in the pictures .   are they all still functional .  or they available for parts ? ......... Nice job Iceman .
Thanks;
All functional. I keep backups for my bigger smokers. Ann quit asking why so many because of the weird look I give her. I think I have a dozen or so floating around here.
I need to call Chez. I,m getting low and the weekends almost here. :D ;)

NePaSmoKer

Oldman

Now I know why I don't like you Pat~~~!   ;D ;D ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

mbetz

iceman that turned out great!  I just stumbled across this thread today doing research.  I also have a smoker box like this except mine is not stainless.  I also was thinking about adding the Bradley smoke generator to it to make my life easier so I did not have to tend to the smoker as much.

I see that this was originally posted a while ago.  Do you have any pictures of it in use?  Also are you satisfied with the way it is working?

Thanks for your help. 

iceman

Quote from: mbetz on November 29, 2009, 05:12:12 PM
iceman that turned out great!  I just stumbled across this thread today doing research.  I also have a smoker box like this except mine is not stainless.  I also was thinking about adding the Bradley smoke generator to it to make my life easier so I did not have to tend to the smoker as much.

I see that this was originally posted a while ago.  Do you have any pictures of it in use?  Also are you satisfied with the way it is working?

Thanks for your help. 

I sent you a PM (maybe 2) because I keep getting bumped off the net up here at work. I'll try to post some pictures of it in use when I get time at home.