• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Briskit For My OBS/Guru

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 02, 2007, 11:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

My neighbor asked me if I could smoke a small  6 pnd briskit for him for sunday. Sure can being the nice guy I am.... ;D

What?
Mustard on a briskit!
Yeah, makes it moist and holds my dry rub on. Prob going with an hour of hickory/apple

nepas

LilSmoker

Hey Nepas, that's looking real nice, please post some pics after the BS has worked it's magic.

Maybe you should tell your neighbour that the cook/smoker gets to keep half of the finished product :o ;D :D
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

manxman

Quotecook/smoker gets to keep half of the finished product

Very good point, I have done so much bartering with people since I got my BS! Brisket for fillet steak, cheese for legs of lamb..... all sorts.

Thetrick is often to provide a freebie in the first instance, get em hooked then reel em in!!!!  :D :D :D ::) ::) ::)
Manxman

West Coast Kansan

NePa, great cook top ( - fridge model?). Everything is Gas here - what you get used to I guess. Never put mustard on a brisket before. I guess the taste will go away with the cook leaving the rub. Let us know...

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

NePaSmoKer

Thats a fridgidaire gallery edition convection the wifey had to have. the saleslady said it makes great oven jerky but i dont think so...lol
after the kids moved out we built on our property and live on a dirt road, wish we had natural gas. the vinegar in the mustard will keep it juicy and helps my dry rub. BTW homemade dry rub of sweet paprika, pinch of cayanne, salt, pepper, garlic/onion powder and some ancho chilies i ground up.

OH YEAH BABE

nepas

Skipystu

My family bugs me to cook food for them. I tend to charge them some of the food, depending on what it is! lol  ::)

I really wish you had put a warning about those great pics you posted. Now I am starving! I need me some brisket!!  :P

Infalable

Hey NePa,

You mentioned an hour of smoke. I thought 4 hours or so was the lenght of time for smoke. Can you please explain. I have not smoked a brisket yet, but have a 9lbr when the weather breaks. Thx.

West Coast Kansan

NePa, good to hear the wife gets to choose some of the things,  :D I dont feel so bad for her now that i see that stove. ;)

I grew up with electric and mostly electric in KS. Gas does have faster response time but then.... :-X

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NePaSmoKer

I have found that with the smaller briskits an hour is enuff for me on the smoke. Now if i use a larger packer briskit then i do a longer smoke. Guess it all depends on how much smoke you like.

WCK  ;D

Yeah when we had our house built she picked out all the appliances, the carpet, drapes and stuff like that.
All I got to pick out is this 

nepas

West Coast Kansan

Gizmo

NePas, you forgot the brackets to mount the spit on.
Darn. :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Oh yeah that would really get her going. I would have to make another dawg house  ;D

nepas

Gizmo

NePa,
Found the perfect gift for your house contribution.  Just what's needed for winter time grillin

http://www.spitjack.com/

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

That is too cool. Going to show the boss that one and keeping my fingers Xed  :o

Thanks Giz

nepas

coyote

Giz , what a great link.................there's enough cool stuff there to keep me in the dog house for years.
  When will I find time to hunt with all those toys to play with at deer camp. 8)

Coyote