Two Day $700.00 Ad

Started by Oldman, February 15, 2007, 08:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Two Day $700.00 Ad and 94 people have applied for the work... phew it has be one long week of interviews.... if they pass the DOD background check then I've hired 7 this week and it is over with. Lordie I hope they all pass.

I hate doing interviews....I hate being the one that makes the choice of who get a crack at the job and who does not.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

LilSmoker

Hey Olds, sort me out a greencard and i'm your man! ;D

You don't have to interview me, you've seen my "Oldgump Pork!" ;D and you can teach me the carpet stuff as we go!  :P ;D ;D ;D ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Mr Walleye

I here ya Olds... It's not a fun or easy task! Actually, it's a whole lotta stress!
I can relate because I own an general insurance brokerage and motor licensing office. There are benefits to owning your own business but like any other career there are trade offs. Success has it's price!

Hey on the positive side when it's done....
Fire the smoker... grab a beer and kick back!  8)  8)  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

icerat4

Wow olds id kill to be able to go through that many people to weed out the good ones .I cant give a job at  40 g a year away here.WE put in a ad big bucks too and na da. No one up here in illinois seems to need a job.Its crazy .And anyone who comes in well lets just say there lost.Where are the good people.I have an opening for a guy to make 75 g a year and you think some one would fill the bill.Not one person.I run a large body shop and up here in illinois All the good ones are takin and the rest are all prentenders.So here to you olds on getting to weed out the good ones at least you have that. ;D ;D ;D.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Oldman

QuoteHey Olds, sort me out a greencard and I'm your man!

Would if I could but the DOD does not allow defense contractors or defense sub-contractors to employ anyone with a greencard.  It has to be proved that the employee is a US citizen. Now get this.... At MacDill AFB (I have a contract out there as well) SOcom allows a contractor to employ people with green cards.... go figure that one out.

QuoteWow olds id kill to be able to go through that many people to weed out the good ones .

If we had not run within the ad the discriminator as I stated above we would have had 400 to 500 calls. Last year I did not place it into an ad "that a person had to prove they were a US citizen (DOD)" and I bet we took close to 500 calls.

Of course our benefit package is just about second to none in this area:
5 personal days
1 week paid vacation
Paid Holidays
Health Insurance  100% coverage, we also pay for a rider that covers the deductible and a rider that pays $250.00 per day when a person is in the hospital, and we pay for coverage of minor children.  Furthermore, we have it set up that if a person is hurt on the job and ends up in the hospital let's say for 3 days they are then paid directly $1,750.00 to help cover their home expenses.

These riders not only cover injury / accident they also covers health problems... They are not part of our heath insurance they are seperate. Our health insurance is not an HMO it is a PPO.

Also I'm of high hopes that before the end of the year we can offer a 401K matching 50 cents on the dollar.

I know most here think I'm joking when I say I'm retired... the fact is I'm retired. I'm only doing this for chits and giggles. To give folks the kind of job they have only dreamed about. In fact I return 80% of all contract dollars via my employees salary and benefits to my customers.  In this industry normally the company keeps 80%!

Oh I do pay Susan $1000.00 per week (she is also teaching school  ;D ) plus I bonus out to her at year's 48K. Hopefully, by mid summer she well be recieving $1,500.00.  I drawn no monies... I don't need to....as I said I'm retired.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Mr Walleye

Hey Icerat... with demographics the way they are it's going to get worse before it's gets better. At least that's the case here in Canada.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Hey Olds

I had a TS DOD Clearance for 20 years. But i dont live out your way.  ;D

I could teel ya........but then, well you know  ::)

nepas

agent provocateur

when my boss... the big giant brain... fires me... i will apply... i already have dod clearence... and have experience with the rug doctor... and will work for jerky...

iceman

Looks like Old's and me are going to have a bidding contest AP. I need your services here also. :D ;D :D

nodak

All I can say is employees are idiots! yes all of them although some are just once in a great while.  That's what I tell my boss why I am happy just to work for him cuz I wud fire everyone else if I was him.  Having employees under you is the pits.  I have only had 1 or 2 really great ones in the years others had numerous short comings.

NePaSmoKer

Hey ap

I gots jerky   ;D

sierra hotel  i'm comeing home

nepas

coyote

AP could be the one...works for jerky...better throw in keys for the executive restroom. ;D

Coyote

LilSmoker

AP, is that your dog in the pic?, or is the dog in fact you?, or........................is the dog the reason for having to use the "Rug Doctor!" ;D ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Oldman

The rug looks like a modified berber carpet; if it is I bet it is a nylon fiber and not an olefin fiber which is the fiber used most often in a berber.  Cleaning an olefin with that toy would be almost impossible. 

MRH

Quote from: Oldman on February 18, 2007, 06:57:07 AM
The rug looks like a modified berber carpet; if it is I bet it is a nylon fiber and not an olefin fiber which is the fiber used most often in a berber.  Cleaning an olefin with that toy would be almost impossible. 

Olds, you are like the Alton Brown of carpets! ;D

Mark