Pork Shoulder

Started by smokerman, February 24, 2007, 07:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Quote from: manxman on February 27, 2007, 04:40:55 AM
QuoteI know lots people buy meat online and say it's great, but i wouldn't fancy that, i like to see what i'm buying

I'm with you on that LS, poor quality meat ain't never going to be good no matter what you do with it no matter whether it is the most expensive or the cheapest cut!

I agree with you guys on this.  I got a gift of Omaha Steaks from a friend a few years back and loved them.  Absolutely the best I have ever had.  They have a gaurentee that is out of this world.  If you ever get meat that you do not like, they will refund your money or send another order free of charge along with an apology.  It does not matter why you did not like it and they do not want it returned.  On one occassion I received 2 T-bone steaks that I was not pleased with (a little too much fat).  I called them and they sent replacements within 3 days.  Exceptional customer service.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

manxman

QuoteI agree with you guys on this.  I got a gift of Omaha Steaks from a friend a few years back and loved them.  Absolutely the best I have ever had.  They have a gaurentee that is out of this world.  If you ever get meat that you do not like, they will refund your money or send another order free of charge along with an apology.  It does not matter why you did not like it and they do not want it returned.  On one occassion I received 2 T-bone steaks that I was not pleased with (a little too much fat).  I called them and they sent replacements within 3 days.  Exceptional customer service.

That sounds excellent Wildcat, seem to remember Olds had a similar experience at Christmas with a rib roast that was not up to expectations.
Manxman

iceman

I like to see what I'm buying when it comes to meat. I have to admit though Omaha has top notch meat. I've ordered from them a few times when I wasn't satisfied with what was offered locally. Very happy with them. :)

parishollow

First shoulders I did came from Costco in Denver. They were excellent. Two to a package so I had to do them both. :)  Had plenty of leftovers which I froze in two cup portions. This back on Super Bowl Sunday.  We opened one last night and it was still as tasty.
Andrew

Wildcat

This Costco sounds great.  :) I do not recall seeing one in our area. :(
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

Costco also does case price breaks for you if you're inclined to buy that much. I usually go in with friends and do it once a year. :)

smokerman

O>K> gents and ladies, I finally made it back.  What a story this will be.  Had an ice storm start on Sat.About 1:30 PM int temp of shoulder at 170, electricity goes out.  Waited 10 min. and not on yet so pulled it out and FTC'd it 2 hr.  unwrapped and we had a feast .  close to perfect.  pulled real easy.
Elec. back on in 2 hrs, but some people still out.  Worked at folks and in-laws all week sawing and picking up debrie.  Having snow and high winds tonight 4o mph +.  lights flickering again. Sorry didn't have time to get pics.  Round 2. hiways and interstates all closed (Iowa)  Come on spring.

LilSmoker

Sorry to hear about that awfull weather you're having smokerman  :o at least the pulled pork must have cheered you up  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes