• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Holy Hog Roaster Batman..

Started by boxertrio, March 03, 2007, 05:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxertrio

Picked up this ole jewel today for 200 bucks.  She is solid, just needs a few coats of paint (I use header paint on my pits).  Needed something just for hole hog roasts, got tired of diggin the pit.  Just scald, gut, and cook now  ;D

--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

jaeger

Perfect. I would like to book a hog roast for the 29th of June.
                              :o ::) ;D

Gizmo

Awesome,
Do you have a 5000 LB electric wench on that to lift the door.  Doesn't look like that smoker is light weight in any way shape or form. ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

You the man Boxertrio! 250 Gallon variety?  Nice, can be set up as an offset pretty easy also for low and slower.  Nice score!  8) Cool.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

LilSmoker

Wow! boxertrio that's a big ole boy!  :o ;D ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

owrstrich

better check those wheel bearings...

i recommend you hook up an auto oiler to keep the wheels on...

just a tube from the pit to the axle would do...

lard is an excelent lubricant...

at least thats what i read...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Wildcat

One of my brothers has something very similiar but he mounted it on a steel frame in his back yard.  Works really nice.  He uses his about 2 or 3 times per year when all of the family gets together.  He loves smoked food also.  Just wait until I show him my BS.  I am sure he will get one so that he can smoke every week and not just 2 or 3 times per year. :D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

How far in advance to reserve the roaster boxer? Does it come with a pit master? :D ;D Your gonna have fun with that baby.!!! Good deal ya got there. Enjoy buddy. ;)

boxertrio

I thought about puttin an offset on but I don't need another big pit....1/8" steel, 250gal vegitable oil tank is what I was told...built in 1977.....the tire shop said the old tires were probably 30 yrs old.  Pulled her 60 miles on those old tires....pucker factor was high...  Gonna break her in with a 175 pounder this weekend, weather permiting...pics will be posted...

Glenn
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

boxertrio

Slowly bringin her up to speed...

owrstrich

wheres the auto misster...

gotta misst the pig with apple juice...

if the the sparkler can make the bird drink... you can make the roaster misst...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

West Coast Kansan

:) Looks like a little refinish work has been happening also. Taking Shape!
  ;)