• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Injected Briskit

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 19, 2007, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Have had my briskit in my homemade wet marinade for 24 hrs. Just injected it with some and going to refer it for 10 hrs longer. Going to the smoker with 1.5 hrs of mesquite.

Was going to use my bps but its going to rain tonight and tomorrow so prob in the obs it goes.

nepas

IKnowWood

That looks like some moist Brisket there.  Does the extra added moisture affect cook times?
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

NePaSmoKer

I havn't run into any extra cooking time with it yet IKW.

Tiny Tim

Kinda off topic, but where'd ya get your syringe?  I finally used the one I bought at Wal-Mart (or somewhere like that) a few years ago, on my dried beef that I made this weekend, and had problems with keeping the needle in the body of the unit.  Finally tightened it with a pliers, and it worked for about 2 shots, then fell off again.  Finished by holding on to both pieces, since I was doing it too late to call anybody to borrow one.

NePaSmoKer

Hi TT

Got the nice syringe from the Ron Popeil site

nepas

Tiny Tim

Thanks...might go check it out today yet.

Habanero Smoker

BigSmoker always injected his briskets, and he reported that injecting decreases the cooking time; I've never injected mine.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

icerat4

No steriods for my brisket .Plain for me but i might give it a try.Do you have the marinate recipe

Just another weekend with the smoker...

West Coast Kansan

Morton Salt website has a very good AND very expensive injector.

http://www.c-els.com/sfCatalog.asp?sn=E032120020070034&pchid=10196

May be (and for price better be) the last pump you need.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

NePaSmoKer

icerat

here is my wet briskit marinade

1 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
salt to taste
course ground black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp cayenne (opt)
1 1/2 tblsp garlic powder
2 tblsp powdered tomato
2 tblsp brown sugar
pinch of thyme

Mix all together

I marinate the briskit in it and inject it with the same.

nepas

Mr Walleye

WCK

That's the meat pump I have...... or had!

Ever since we moved a few years ago I can't find it!  :'(

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

The first injector I had always had problems with the plunger (all plastic and cheap rubber on the plunger) to where it finally seized up after not using for a couple weeks.  I even tried keeping the plunger rubber lubricated with fine cooking oil.  Yah Yah, no comments needed. ::) ::)

I decided for the second purchase to go big or not at all so I bought a stainless steel signature series 6 inch cajun injector by Chef Williams.  Well made, do have to be careful of the needle tip as you can bend the very tip of it and break it off.  Cost is about $25.

The unit WCK shows may have a sturdier tip as the holes look smaller and may not bend as easily at the hole location.  Down side with smaller hole is you will need finer liquids for the marinade.  WCK, what has your experience been?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

Thanks Gizmo...just did a search, and I think the deluxe model will work nicely for me...or maybe the signature. :D  Gotta do a little more research and get Dad's thoughts on which one.  Bonus for the deluxe would be buying some marinades and getting the injector along with it.

Dad thought he had something that would work...an old pistol grip model that holds a vial of stuff to inject hogs (had never been used).  Couldn't adapt it to work, and I was a little nervous about trying anyway.

Sorry about the hijack. :D

NePaSmoKer

About another 30 mins and out, then ftc for bout an hour. Eat with a couple baked taters and a glass of turkey hill ice tea.

I love my guru/raptor, set it and walk away.  ;D

nepas

icerat4

Well thats great.I have too say i BOUGHT 3 internal temp gauges and then just got a  thermalpen then.I just use my trusty thermalpen when i feel like a check up and thats it  ;D.I got rid of all my internal temp gauges and just have this very quick poke and instead temps with in a second very accurate temps are givin.So no wires hanging around.You to will see after many many smokes this turns into a breeze as far as know when stuff is done.And my obs has very consistance temps no biggie at all .All i can say is its nice to give a couple pokes in different spots real quick to get a very very accurate temps.And the amount of time the box is open and the recovery time is a non factor in the cooking or smoking taste.IMO JUST my 2 CENTS. ;)

Just another weekend with the smoker...