• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bradley Smoker -vs- Toyota FJ Cruiser...

Started by cingnut, March 21, 2007, 06:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cingnut

I know...  What the heck do they have to do with each other right???  I have joined exactly two forums in my entire life.  One for the FJ and one for the Bradley smoker.  Very similar in some ways, for instance passion and brand loyalty, posting pictures of your experience with the product, MODIFICATION threads...  Mods seem to be a pretty big deal with both FJ's and the Bradley smoker, biggest difference is COST COST COST.  I am pretty sure for a $100 mod on a Bradley smoker in the form of a PID, a GURU, even something as simple as a fan....  the mods are small, not too expensive, and are the equivalent of adding a $3000 supercharger or new set of tires and suspension to an FJ.  HUGE expense for huge benefit on the truck, modest if not cheap mod to make this smoker a true performance machine.

I jest!  I know these two thing couldn't be farther apart in similarity, but the communities are the same...  Helpful folks, informative posts, pics to make you absolutely drool with envy.  These kinds of social interactions really are a wonderful thing and I am glad to have found the opportunity to participate.

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

LilSmoker

Hi cingnut, and welcome here, yes this place is great, very unique  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Wildcat

Quote from: LilSmoker on March 21, 2007, 10:22:44 PM
Hi cingnut, and welcome here, yes this place is great, very unique  ;)

I agree and to add some spice, sometimes a little weird. ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

I'll say   :o  ::)

nepas

welcom cingnut

OmegaMan

I've got a TRD SE like this one.  Installing an ARB front bumper and Warn M8000 when I find the time.  Has XM and TRD CAI installed...

It's been a great car so far.  It'll be wheeling in the Sierra's alot this Spring/Summer...

NePaSmoKer

I been wanting to trade in my Frontier for one of the fj's. I like the yellow like my truck but my wife dont like them. I had one of the old toyota land cruiser's climbed like a goat.

nepas

cingnut

Quote from: OmegaMan on March 22, 2007, 08:33:55 AM
I've got a TRD SE like this one.  Installing an ARB front bumper and Warn M8000 when I find the time.  Has XM and TRD CAI installed...

It's been a great car so far.  It'll be wheeling in the Sierra's alot this Spring/Summer...

Welcome to the 3200 club!!! That is the exact same truck I have...  Picked it up January 15th...  Loving every minute of it!  You should check out the FJ Cruiser message board (if you arent already a member!)  http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/

I have been a member there for a few months, I use the same name "cingnut".  Awesome group of people there too!

OmegaMan

QuoteI have been a member there for a few months, I use the same name "cingnut".  Awesome group of people there too!

I'm there my friend.  I'm part of the Norcal group.  Trying to mod it so I can get ready for fly fishing in the Sierras this season.  Sold my Wrangler YJ (loved it) and Grand Cherokee for this one.  Get rid of 2 for one.  If I could get past my British car fascination, I could make for alot more space.