• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pennsylvania- The Jerky State

Started by PigOut, April 01, 2007, 07:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tiny Tim on April 04, 2007, 08:12:04 AM
Unthaw?  Don't that mean freeze? :D ;D

:D :D :D

Rainy today but not that cold. The jerky i was marinating i froze.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 03, 2007, 02:53:18 AM

I haven't bought the jerky kit for my Dakotah. Does that work pretty good? Another member mentioned that with the twin extruders the jerky does not come out at the same rate on both sides. He had a hard time controlling it, and caused the meat to twist off the paper.

I had the same problem when i first used the Dakotah, its kinda a small learning curve. Now it extrudes smoothly. I have not bought the control valve foot assy yet though. Its supposed to work pretty good with the process.

nepas

PigOut

Did you finish the jerky I sent you ?
If not, save a piece for Carnie to try.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on April 04, 2007, 09:31:38 AM
......I had the same problem when i first used the Dakotah, its kinda a small learning curve. Now it extrudes smoothly. I have not bought the control valve foot assy yet though. Its supposed to work pretty good with the process.

nepas
If you do buy the foot control, I would appreciate if you would let me know about that also. At first glance, I could not justify to myself the cost of that accessory. As soon as I find the right parts, I'm planning on using air pressure. Another member of this forum converted his from water to air pressure, using an air compressor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

winemakers

HS, I bow to your abilities in all things......however, I am worried about substituting air for water.  Its a potential energy thing.  Is there any potential for a barrel failure of the stuffer at all?  The compressed air stores so much energy (where water being incompressible stores almost none), should that plastic barrel fail catastrophically, sharp plastic pieces might leave a nasty mark above the bikini line so to speak.  We always hydrotest where necessary, even with dry systems as a safety thing.

peace,

mld

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: PigOut on April 04, 2007, 01:52:44 PM
Did you finish the jerky I sent you ?
If not, save a piece for Carnie to try.

I ate the hot with reckless abandon, it was great. My wife took the mild to work and its history. I will make carnie some.
Where did you get the rubs? or did you make em. The farmer johns is awsome.

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: winemakers on April 04, 2007, 05:50:59 PM
HS, I bow to your abilities in all things......however, I am worried about substituting air for water.  Its a potential energy thing.  Is there any potential for a barrel failure of the stuffer at all?  The compressed air stores so much energy (where water being incompressible stores almost none), should that plastic barrel fail catastrophically, sharp plastic pieces might leave a nasty mark above the bikini line so to speak.  We always hydrotest where necessary, even with dry systems as a safety thing.

peace,

mld

I remember when you mentioned this to me before. I did heed you warning, and looked around. I believe I can attach a regulator to an air compressor to keep the pressure down to about 30 psi. Even using just water pressure you can run into problems I believe it was Nodak that mentioned he had a barrel failure when using water. So I am moving cautiously on this.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

PigOut

I build filling machines for the food and pharmacuetical industries. So of course the customers have to supply us with product so we can determine the proper tooling for each machine. Product can come in 10# - 50# bags or containers.
  Well. some of these customers are major spice companies. This one is a meat spice co. When rubs come through , we pay close attenention if you know what I mean. I had 20 # of the farmer johns but now I'm down to 5 #. That should last about 3 lifetimes . So enjoy . Its probably not on the market yet. I'm building the line that puts it into jars.

Skip

If you would like to see my handi work go to  http://allfill.com/       I'm the fabrication manager, all the framework and sheetmetal comes from my shop

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

NePaSmoKer

Thats pretty cool. I would love to be able to fabricate things like that. I will be sure to watch for the rubs when they come out too.

nepas