• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

franken-bradleys'?

Started by smokin stu, April 14, 2007, 10:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin stu

Couldn't help noticing in two different flyers this weekend advertising for smokers that look like Bradley's in that they are small bar sized fridges, but they are different manufacturers and much cheaper.

One of them is propane driven, and both use regular wood chips. 

I love my OBS, but these knock off's may pull potential buyers away from the Bradley product. :-\

Wildcat

You normally get what you pay for.  IMO if they are beginning to copy the BS, then they have proven the BS is a great unit.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Consiglieri

There are many different vault smokers on the market, including the propane models you mention.  They don't automatically replenish your smoke fuel like the bradley  (the owner/operator has to open and add chips) and propane smokers tend to run at higher temperatures.

I looked at a few before deciding on the Bradley.  Happy I picked the DBS
Consiglieri

coyote

Before long the knock-off will be in a garage sale while the BS will be rollin' the smoke as folks get in line
to sample the foods of love. ;) ;D 8)

Coyote

smokin stu

Quote from: coyote on April 14, 2007, 04:03:48 PM
Before long the knock-off will be in a garage sale while the BS will be rollin' the smoke as folks get in line

Coyote

I know what you mean.  My couple of my neighbours seem to be right there every time I take the meat out of my smoker.  Their timing is usually right on.  A neighbour will be walking over with a beer for me and I then force him to try out the meat as it comes out of the BS.

I love my BS, and if it ever died for whatever reason, I would be looking for a replacement. 

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: smokin stu on April 15, 2007, 06:54:00 AM
Quote from: coyote on April 14, 2007, 04:03:48 PM

Coyote

I know what you mean.  My couple of my neighbours seem to be right there every time I take the meat out of my smoker.  Their timing is usually right I on.  A neighbour will be walking over with a beer for me and I then force him to try out the meat as it comes out of the BS.

I love my BS, and if it ever died for whatever reason, I would be looking for a replacement. 

:D  :D
sounds like my neighbor......what ya smokin today
I should have been a coonass like cajun ;D

nepas