Just purchased my smoker one hour ago

Started by mdoc, September 04, 2004, 07:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdoc

All

As the title says I just purchased my Bradley smoker after weeks of deliberation. The unit is seasoning as I write and wonder what the group thinks I should christen my smoker with as the first edible.

Canadian Jim

n/a

Congratulation on your new Bradley purchase. I pick mine up just late July, the first thing I did was a brisket, boy did that turnout good. A pork butt wold work well also. Have fun smoking.

n/a

after spell check...
Congratulation on your new Bradley purchase. I picked mine up just last July, the first thing I did was a brisket, boy did that turnout good. A pork butt would work well also. Have fun smoking.

careful how much beer one can consume why smoking.

nsxbill

I agree, while it is christening, have a beer.  I did about 6 lbs of Salmon first smoke, the ribs, then brisket, then salmon again, then 12 lbs of butt.  It all came out delicious.

Enjoy the new toy.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

BigSmoker

mdoc,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase.  IMO you have bought the finest smoker on the market.  For a first cook, a whole chicken or a boston butt would be great starters.  The butt is pretty hard to mess up.  Cook until internal temp is 195-200f.  At this temp it should pull with your hands into perfect pork sandwiches.  Happy smokin'.[:)]

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

MallardWacker

Mdoc,

Good deal.  My vote is for a butt.  Man can't go wrong and very forgiving PLUS it will make you into a hero fairly quick arond the ol'house.  Also it might make the wife a bit more forgiving on the purchase you made of your new toy.  One thing (this is where everyone is saying "there he goes again") if you do a butt(s),double wrap the butts in foil then in a couple of old towls then if you have it, place it in a cooler(no ice of course) and let set for a couple of hours.  You will be da man!

Listed below is a link that discusses times, temps and the towl thing. HTH
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=221&whichpage=7

<font color="blue">The converts are coming out of the woodwork!</font id="blue">

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MystyleBBQ</i>
<br />careful how much beer one can consume why smoking.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Or typing.[;)][:D][8D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?