Bovine... Bovine Bones... Bovine Blood...

Started by owrstrich, April 26, 2007, 08:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

i have been between the bone truck and the blood truck all week...  this place slaughters 3000 retired dairy cows a day and turns them into the following...

1... blood... goes into all kinds of animal feed... it says beef in the ingriedients it may be beef blood...
2... bone... goes into all kinds of animal feed... it says beef in the ingriedients it may be beef blood...
3... guts and other... goes into all kinds of animal feed... it says beef in the ingriedients it may be beef blood..
4... tissue... goes into 50lb packages of ground for your local fast food chains to make burger patties...
5... organs... they said i didnt want to know...

here is the bone truck... one truck gets loaded about every hour... its just bones... there were big white birds robbing the bones for a free meal...

tomorrow i will get that guts and other truck... freaking awesomely dispicable place...

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Arcs_n_Sparks

Things look kinda green on top of the truck.....   :o

Sparkler

coyote

Hey , where's the smoker ??? ??? ;D

Coyote

Wildcat

Quote from: Arcs_n_Sparks on April 26, 2007, 08:15:07 PM
Things look kinda green on top of the truck.....   :o

Sparkler

Must be bird droppings.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

IKnowWood

he green stuff is being sprayed out of a sprinkler above the truck.  Funny think its not getting on the birds.  Or the spray is behind the birds on a growing pile next to the one dropped. Overall a disturbing sight.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

winemakers

ah the great circle of life.  As a(n) ex-dairy farmer, I can say that with conviction, or more properly, as the proud owner of an OBS plus circ fan, with convection!

Consiglieri

Looks like fun.  Reminds me of the Simpson's episode where the kids had a field trip to the slaughterhouse.

Where in dairyland is this fine facility?
Consiglieri

owrstrich

this place is off the 99 approx 88.5 miles south of the j17...

the wench caint take photos wurth a krap...

the hospice...

incoming...

this is the blood running out of the guts truck...

yous gotts toos eats the beasts...

owrstrich

IKnowWood

Man

I had a burger tonight at the local eatery.  I don't feel so good. 

knew I like chicken better.  (Course you have not seen the chicken country controversy)

Sushi.  Yeah, that's a way to go.  But how do I know its clean...  hmm.

Good thing I like smoked veggies.

Nuts, maybe that's where I wan to stick with.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

owrstrich

i thought the city slickers would like to see how the other side lives... thats why i posted the photos... i see all kinds of industries... the ones where souls are sacraficed are few and far between here on the west coast...

however... i have been to checken and terkey plants too... not out here but back east...

this place is like 10000000 times cleaner and less discusting than checken and terkey plants...

well now... im off to mcdonalds for a qpwc and a 5 piece...

i gotts toos eats...

owrstrich

LilSmoker

Very grim, but as "O" says there are much worse places, i suppose without these type of places we would be seeing quite a few dead cows lying around, dying from old age etc, so then you have more problems, health hazzard etc.
Although it's not the nicest of places, i think it's part of our modern day life.

I did some repair work at an abattoir many years ago, the job took about 4 days, and the one thing i'll never forget was the smell

Anyway great pics "O", stark reminder of "real life"  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Consiglieri

Merced?  Tulare, probably.  Ribs in the smoker in the other T town tomorrow....  If its, say, near Purina and Golden State, 5 minutes to here.  Just ignore the mess.
Consiglieri

dewy

Think about it its not all bad, thier using just about everything off the cow for something, human food, animal food, im sure the hides get used for something as well {leather}.Be much worse if everything was just getting dumped in a pile somewhere :-X

Course I spend a lotta my free time cutting up animals, working on farms around animals etc... ;D

NePaSmoKer

That looks like valley protein in Lancaster County Pa
all sorts of dead critters get squished and ground up there ;D

nepas

West Coast Kansan

8)

Got this suckling pig in the smoker (kind of). Response from the Mrs is "poor little guy didnt get to live very long"   ;D  Geeez  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)