I'm happy happy happy, happy happy happy!

Started by manxman, April 27, 2007, 01:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

I must confess to having an addiction and I have just managed to secure another "fix" !!!!   :-[ :-[ :-[

Way back in early March I knew it was on it's way but it has taken 5 - 6 weeks to cross the pond, via Holland for some reason courtesy of the various postal services and in the meantime I have had to make do with inferior products or even none at all which has been a very hard cross to bare.  >:( >:(

What am I talking about........ ??? ???

well, Iceman's Sopn'Sauce of course and Oink'R Rub..... what else could I be possible talking about? To anyone who has not tasted either of these yet it is a MUST.  ;) :D  Friends are split on which they like best with Sop'nSauce having the slight edge but what everyone is agreed on is that both the sauce and the rub are   :P :P :P :P scrumptous.

Tomorrow evening we will be sitting round the BBQ eating ribs and raising a toast to Pat and Ann several thousand miles away in Alaska...... oh happy days. Just as well I recently bought half a hog, all 95lb of it!!  :D :D ;) ;)

Thank you Pat and Ann.  :)
Manxman

Wildcat

They are great folks, their rub is great (a little goes a long way) and their sauce is absolutely perfect!  
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

coyote

AND.....................The Iceman's  8)

IKnowWood

Oh yeah.  I know the feeling.

I got a buddy of mine hooked also. started with Pulled pork (with sauce), Then Ribs..  His oldest (6 yr) liked the sauce on the pork.  Even better on the Ribs.  Now I gave him 2 jars and some rub.  His wife is now liking it.

He's from KC and KC Masterpiece was it.  Not anymore!
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Gizmo

Manxman,
I can see it now,
You are driving down the road and the police pull you over. 
Policeman: "Excuse me sir but have you been drinking"
Manx: "Why yes sir I have.  I just polished of a full mug of 'SAUCE'.  It was fantastic."
Policeman: "Sir we are going to have to take you down to the station."
Manx:  "But sir you don't understand"
Policeman: "Yes sir I most certainly do, please come quietly"

At the police station:  6 hours later.
Policeman:  "Well sir you can go now.  Those ribs with that sauce were absolutely fantastic"
Manx:  "O.K. guys, but this is the fith time in 5 weeks.  I am almost out of sauce"
Poiceman:  "Oh, that won't do.  Boss, call the FBI in Alaska, have that Iceman picked up immediately and extradited to the Isle.  Instruct them to not forget to confiscate the 'EVIDENCE' and bring it here."
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

PigOut

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

IKnowWood

OK, I may need to call some friends of mine to exceute Alpha protect command Delta Bravo.

Can't get the sauce without the kitchen and the family. 

Time to initiate the survey beacon my friend.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

manxman

Manxman,
I can see it now,
QuoteYou are driving down the road and the police pull you over. 
Policeman: "Excuse me sir but have you been drinking"
Manx: "Why yes sir I have.  I just polished of a full mug of 'SAUCE'.  It was fantastic."
Policeman: "Sir we are going to have to take you down to the station."
Manx:  "But sir you don't understand"
Policeman: "Yes sir I most certainly do, please come quietly"

At the police station:  6 hours later.
Policeman:  "Well sir you can go now.  Those ribs with that sauce were absolutely fantastic"
Manx:  "O.K. guys, but this is the fith time in 5 weeks.  I am almost out of sauce"
Poiceman:  "Oh, that won't do.  Boss, call the FBI in Alaska, have that Iceman picked up immediately and extradited to the Isle.  Instruct them to not forget to confiscate the 'EVIDENCE' and bring it here."

;D ;D ;D ;D
Manxman

coyote

Hey Manx............The Ol Coyote's with ya man....Looks like your gonna get sauced ! ;D
Iceman style  8)
                                                                                         Coyote

Habanero Smoker

Manxman;

I know the feeling. I just had to restock. It's hard for me to keep others from taking Pat's sauce. I was going to build a cabinet for my BS, but have to put that project aside so that I can install a secret panel in one of my kitchen cabinets.

It was great of Pat to ship that to you.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Well let me add to this.

I make a western style omelet. I took some of the sauce, added some rub, added some tomato sauce,  added some red pepper, cooked it for a bit and cover the omelet with this mixture....

BTW I just got in several case of his sauce for the storm season... you never know~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

West Coast Kansan

KC Masterpiece sucks - tourist trap  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

manxman

QuoteI was going to build a cabinet for my BS, but have to put that project aside so that I can install a secret panel in one of my kitchen cabinets.

I'm thinking about a safe, securely locked at all times with only one person knowing the combination...... ME!  ;)

QuoteBTW I just got in several case of his sauce for the storm season... you never know~~!

A wise move Raye...... wot more do you need!!!! You seem to use the sauce with pretty much everything you cook and your Mum loves it so you would be well sorted!!  :D

The omelettes sound great, one of the best places I have ever eaten omelette was a little cafe in Clearwater, however hard I try I have never managed to recreate them properly.

QuoteIt was great of Pat to ship that to you.

He went to such a lot of time and effort to get it shipped, also got a few other goodies from Alaska that were greatly appreciated by the whole family.  :)

I sent Pat some kippers from here on the Isle of Man.

http://www.isleofmankippers.com/

which seem to have gone down very well too.

Manxman

Tiny Tim

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on April 28, 2007, 11:33:01 AM
KC Masterpiece sucks - tourist trap  ;D

Ya know...Dad ate there once too and reported the same comments when we were watching a show on Food Network the other night.

I did manage to drag my buddies to Arthur Bryants at the Kansas Speedway on Saturday after the truck race.  I had a combo of a pulled pork sammich, beef sammich, fries, and the big honker pop.  Food was good and the portions were very nice, however I liked my pulled pork better than theirs...and Iceman's sauce better than AB's Original. :D  Haven't done a Brisket myself yet, so I can't compare that to anything.